0 A.D. Development Report: September 2019 – May 2020

asterix

This looks great, many thanks for compiling such a lengthy report!

I couldn't help but notice you use different varieties of English in your text, e.g.

5 hours ago, asterix said:

Nescio has also been updating the English style guide, corrected many templates for consistency, and standardized hero aura descriptions and generalised tooltips.

Please choose one (Oxford, British, American) and stick with it consistently. Furthermore, ensure all sentences end with a full stop, check and double check all user names (e.g. I believe ValihrAnt is supposed to have a capital A), and verify all links work and show up properly.

Good impressions matter in outreach.

[EDIT] On transifex eight languages are above 99%, three more above 95%, and six more above 90%, which makes a total of 17, not 16.

5 hours ago, asterix said:

September - May 2019/2020

Wouldn't “September 2019 – May 2020” be better?

Edited by Nescio
localization
  • Thanks 2

@Nescio thanks for the comments. I'll try to look more into English consistency in the next report.

27 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Wouldn't “September 2019 – May 2020” be better?

Done.

27 minutes ago, Nescio said:

[EDIT] On transifex eight languages are above 99%, three more above 95%, and six more above 90%, which makes a total of 17, not 16.

Took six months more than expected to write this report, so that was to be expected. I fixed it. Same for @ValihrAnt's name

• Thanks 1

• Stan` pinned this topic
On 6/1/2020 at 4:27 PM, asterix said:

Stan gave an interview for the Waffling Taylors podcast (https://wafflingtaylors.rocks/). The podcast should be available in June.

@1:07:06, when it comes to the installation process on Mac, the more convenient way is Homebrew Casks. It is not mentioned on the website, probably there is a reason for that.

brew cask install 0-ad

PS: Stan was good, glad to hear some interviews from the people who make 0AD and some of their annectodes. If I had been the interviewer, I would also have asked if the game should take a more commercial path, like the Czech game company "Wube Software", which is known for Factorio. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Langbart said:

@1:07:06, when it comes to the installation process on Mac, the more convenient way is Homebrew Casks. It is not mentioned on the website, probably there is a reason for that.

brew cask install 0-ad

PS: Stan was good, glad to hear some interviews from the people who make 0AD and some of their annectodes. If I had been the interviewer, I would also have asked if the game should take a more commercial path, like the Czech game company "Wube Software", which is known for Factorio. 

@Stan` @implodedok can website be updated? with these instructions

Hey @Langbart

I guess the main reason is we are not in contact with the brew guys as far as I know. :)I guess there might be something to work on there.

2 hours ago, Langbart said:

Glad you liked the interview, I wasn't sure how it would be received :D

As for the more commercial part maybe, if money was a goal, but currently it's not the main focus :)

7 minutes ago, l2edVipel2 said:

Nobody will answer this question so probably another 1-2 years I'm guessing.

It is not an easy question to answer, it will depend on how fast you solve the problems and new implementations of the current alpha.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/roadmap

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=Alpha+24

• 2 weeks later...