[Gameplay, AI, Sound and Graphics Programmer] Application Form.

Position: Gameplay, AI, Sound and Graphics Programmers

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free? Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license? Yes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.)  No

Name: Jonathan Nachman Hornstein

Email: Yonatanhornstein (at) gmail (dot) com

Availability: 10-20 Weekly hours.

Occupation: Working in the high-tech industry as automation team leader.

Skills and Experience: Im currently working at high-tech start-up company, from May, 2018, as automation team leader. I have vast set of skills, i've developed a robust automation system for the company that able to automation report via emails, with server and frontend, backend components. My main coding language is Java, but Im familiar with other languages such as ; Javascript, C#, HTML, CSS and XML. 

Military service: 2014-2017, Squad leader, Search and Rescue unit.

Motivation: From young age i knew what is my dream and passion is to create my own games and later on to create and establish my own game creating company. (A joke that i always tell is: " I have 20 years gaming experience")

Personality: Focused and determined, i put 101% of myself to the work cause, Im workaholic. Im a funny guy who likes to be childish sometimes. I dont see any different between CEO and Junior developer, everyone gets the same treatment.  

Short Essay: I've heard about the game "0 A.D" from along time ago, but i only gave it a try few days ago. I love the concept behind the company's idea, for example the "Financial transparency" , and i believe in the cause and the execution. The reason im sending this AF, is because i believe it's the time for me to think and start learn about creating and managing games.

Interests and Hobbies: Im amateur skateboard rider. I was swimming city-champion (Now just for fun) and i love to deep dive in the red-sea.

Staff: No.

Community: Reddit, 9GAG, Twitter, Stackoverflow and linkedin. 

Favorite Game: World of warcraft (Classic), SQUAD, Hell let loose, Total war (Franchise) and Fallout/Skyrim for modding.

Edited by know2fart
Added military service.
  • Like 1

Hey welcome to the forums!

For programming you can start right away and come to talk to us on IRC :) #0ad-dev on Quakenet.

9 minutes ago, know2fart said:

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.)  No

Sounds a bit weird considering your application title

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Hey welcome to the forums!

For programming you can start right away and come to talk to us on IRC :) #0ad-dev on Quakenet.

Sounds a bit weird considering your application title

So i misunderstood to question :D, ill join the IRC.

Best regards.