Team League: Games and Results

Sorry, @Stockfish, I don't understand what you you're saying. Who can't be saying what seriously? What message?

In reaction to @borg-, the purpose of this is mostly to ensure that the games are fun. If we "don't take this seriously", I could as well "have fun" winning battles with an inferior army by dodging all the projectiles.

I don't really see any good reason in belittling my fight for a fair game. Especially if this only came as a reaction to someone promoting unfair tactics.

And @Dakara, your suggestion sure is good. The main problem I see is that it's written in French. Other than that, it's much easier to say why not "just reduce the accuracy" than "just reducing it", especially in a way that works well. Unfortunately, the solution isn't made simple by the fact you see it as such.

Edited by Boudica

1 hour ago, PhyZik said:

@MarcusAureliu#s

1. Could you add the player names to the teams? It's hard to keep track or to open up a second tab to see, which team has which players.

2. What about the teams that didn't show up today like eae em and Los Gringos. I thought they will just lose, but @go2die says they are out of tournament. Pls. clarify.

Teams are not out of the tournament. Matches can still be played. Although only if the teams that were here today agree which they dont have too as no other time has been agreed upon. If they will not get played until next Sunday i will rate them as defeat. I will add players to graphic.

@Dakara , "Team France' ,  c'est  nulle.  " l'Equipe de France " ça aurait eu plus de gueule.

To join de conversation about 'dance', i think it's retarded to ban it as it's impossible to define/quantify a sequence of move on time as a dance or a regular move. What's the limit ?  

Make unit move less than 1 meter so it moonwalk ? How many clicks per sec is allowed before it's considered as dance?  Simply formation dance should be allowed?  A dance while escaping is ok but then how does it comes it's different when you do it with the hero to lure the ennemies ?   Only hero dance should be banned ?  Then what about those cavalery champs , they move even faster than hero cavalery.    Put Hero on defensive mode is ok ? Ok, then why bring him in front of the battle each time ?

Also, how can you realisticly face a group of slingers doing the usual Rauls slinger trick : shoot, retreat in formation, shoot, retreat .. formation dance when too close.. etc ..  on the distance of a map ?   You are supposed to get shoot and let all your units bump in each other waiting to get killed 1 by 1 ?  Make also formation ?  then when the skirmishers hit back those behind the formation are too distant to shoot. So you need to get closer, but the skirmishers need 1,25 secs to shoot and the slingers are already on their way to escape in formation dance .. etc ...       just to say that if you want to ban a move like dance you should ban also every trick that exploit the game flaws..

And, after all, dancing requires to stop doing everything else : eco, making new units, building

Both opponents can dance

Also, i noticed that those who hate dance are those who like to group 200 slingers together, put Healer Hero in middle to erase the damage of ennemy towers , so they can go outside for a walk or watch some videos on youtube as the slingers just lead them to victory on sandbox mode

4 hours ago, JC (naval supremacist) said:

@Dakara , "Team France' ,  c'est  nulle.  " l'Equipe de France " ça aurait eu plus de gueule.

To join de conversation about 'dance', i think it's retarded to ban it as it's impossible to define/quantify a sequence of move on time as a dance or a regular move. What's the limit ?  

Make unit move less than 1 meter so it moonwalk ? How many clicks per sec is allowed before it's considered as dance?  Simply formation dance should be allowed?  A dance while escaping is ok but then how does it comes it's different when you do it with the hero to lure the ennemies ?   Only hero dance should be banned ?  Then what about those cavalery champs , they move even faster than hero cavalery.    Put Hero on defensive mode is ok ? Ok, then why bring him in front of the battle each time ?

Also, how can you realisticly face a group of slingers doing the usual Rauls slinger trick : shoot, retreat in formation, shoot, retreat .. formation dance when too close.. etc ..  on the distance of a map ?   You are supposed to get shoot and let all your units bump in each other waiting to get killed 1 by 1 ?  Make also formation ?  then when the skirmishers hit back those behind the formation are too distant to shoot. So you need to get closer, but the skirmishers need 1,25 secs to shoot and the slingers are already on their way to escape in formation dance .. etc ...       just to say that if you want to ban a move like dance you should ban also every trick that exploit the game flaws..

And, after all, dancing requires to stop doing everything else : eco, making new units, building

Both opponents can dance

Also, i noticed that those who hate dance are those who like to group 200 slingers together, put Healer Hero in middle to erase the damage of ennemy towers , so they can go outside for a walk or watch some videos on youtube as the slingers just lead them to victory on sandbox mode

Salut jc on a pas choisi de nom lol

7 hours ago, ValihrAnt said:

eae em vs Goats

That was a nice show, I really enjoyed replaying. I liked @PhyZik's confusion maneuver when he picked Spartans instead of a cavalry civ, because he's mostly been playing those recently. The team also did a good cooperation at getting water control and later while attacking.

5 hours ago, nani said:

Teams:

May Gods : @MarcusAureliu#s @nani

OPteam : @JC (naval supremacist) superPOSITION

On the eastern front, nani really showed what it means to be a troll master. You had the patience and no fear of waiting for the right moment. On the other front, JC probably tried to replicate my Kush strategy from today, but he failed hard. Marc knew how to best defend a raid, that is by counter attacking.

Edited by Boudica
typo, sorry
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dance is really drama material ...

I mean you can't just play 0 A D like any other RTS without being accused of dancing ....

Passive hero + nervously spamming Attack move = dancing.
Defensive hero => you want it to get around your army but not in front line, you move it out = dancing.
micro low health unit out = dancing ...
Group your last reinforcement using formation = dancing

i've seen a poll saying that players are OK with manual dance, as it's skill and apm, but not ok with autodance/patrol dance.
Where is the line between using game features that the devs spend week to make avaliable and cheating ?

Who decide if you dance or not ?

I wonder if dancing give huge adventage to some civs/strats ? If not, can't we just make a tutorial on how to dance and just allow it ( manual use only ) ?

• Like 2

I mean, dancing is lame yeah. Especially if it's just a hero on front and patrol, it's low skills for high reward. You can't just simply spread your fire unless your units are all surrounding the opponent and just moving your units into that position would make you take a lot of fire until then, only solution would be to also dance, which would make it even lamer.

Now, dancing without patrol, a little less lame yeah, still super lame. I saw today JC doing dance on a fight against a 3x higher army and he won that one lel.

Zig zagging is fine, a little abuse but fine I guess, moving hurt units out of danger, super fine and encouraged.

It's hard to solve this problem, there are several (technical) solutions in discussion for a24, 0ad includes ballistics by default (predict unit movement for ranged attacks) which accentuates this problem which will be adjustable, acceleration/deacceleration on direction change, etc. None of which actually seems like a suitable fix at the moment, but apparently this is a high priority fix for a24, hopefully we can get there.

By the way, flee instance on hero and a-move has the unintended effect of 'dancing' too, which I have been accused of often, it seems the 'good practice' is stand-ground now.

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

Eae em fak, i didnt even realize, didnt pay attention when game was setup and then just played. You are rightfully confused as it should have been Lake map. Luckily it was the mistake of enemy team i think eae, otherwise repeat game in case of demand by the losing if it was the fault of the winning team for future incidents.

13 minutes ago, go2die said:

Thanks for participation in week 3 games

Please if you can't play on Sunday make agreement in advance with announcing it publicly on forum you can't do it after.

Team # Wins Losses Points Players Notes
Animal Farm 3 3 0 8.5 ValihrAnt, PhyZic, Issh, Edward, aow week1 free win
week2 4vs4 eae em - won
week3 - 3vs3 aginst eae em - won
Centurions 2 2 0 5 Boudica, Havran, Unknown Player, go2die, Wendy week1 4vs4 Team France - won
week2 off
week3 - 2vs2 won
OPTeam 3 1 2 3 LeGenDz, RolandSC2, bubblebut, superPOSITION, DoctorOrgans week1 free win
week2 - 2vs2 May Gods lost
week3 - 2vs2 Centurions lost
Los Gringos 2 1 1 3 chrstgtr, Rauls, SaidRdz, Ricsand week1 lost game - absence
week2 free win against Team France
week3 off
May Gods 2 1 1 2 fpre, Marc Aurel, Lord_commander, randomid, nani week1 off
week2 - 2vs2 OPTeam - won
week3 - 3vs3 against Animal Farm - lost
Team France 3 0 3 0 Dakara, esu, METAFOUNDATIONS, Dakeyras week1 4vs4 Centurions - lost
week2 - refused play 2 online - lost game against Los Gringos
week3 - absence
eae em 3 0 3 0 Badosu, Stockfish, Borg, Vicentesk week1 lost game - absence
week 2- 4vs4 Animal Farm - lost
week 3 - absence

Animal Farm had 4 players available, accordingly they get full points for win according to rules

52 minutes ago, PhyZik said:

Animal Farm vs Centurios (3vs3, because go2die felt deeply offended)

metadata.json 123.96 kB · 0 downloads commands.txt 739.97 kB · 0 downloads

Animal Farm banned Centurions from using Ptolemies + Britons.

Centurions banned Animal Farm from using Ptolemies + Romans.

All 4 players of Animal Farm were present for the game.

Stream Link by @badosu

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

I think that the question of whether to go on with the league is already pointless because today the last officially scheduled games should have taken place. I suggest we just evaluate the results and perhaps a new league can start soon?

According to the schedule, our team, Centurions, should have played two games on Sunday 28 July. One against Los Gringos and the other against eae em.

I hereby present a lobby screenshot showing that neither Los Gringos or eae em were present on time with at least two members as required. Our team was present with at least Wendy and me. For this reason, I'd like to claim the victory of both of the remaining games for our team.

Spoiler

screenshot0177.thumb.png.a78146246a57d3142b31c8f3429777ca.png

Edited by Boudica
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudica said:

I think that the question of whether to go on with the league is already pointless because today the last officially scheduled games should have taken place. I suggest we just evaluate the results and perhaps a new league can start soon?

According to the schedule, our team, Centurions, should have played two games on Sunday 28 July. One against Los Gringos and the other against eae em.

I hereby present a lobby screenshot showing that neither Los Gringos or eae em were present on time with at least two members as required. Our team was present with at least Wendy and me. For this reason, I'd like to claim the victory of both of the remaining games for our team.

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0177.thumb.png.a78146246a57d3142b31c8f3429777ca.png

yeah, but we need to analyze well what went wrong, normally would be one more week

May Gods havent played  Centurios yet for example

• Thanks 1