Setting up prop points

Intellect

That depends on whether its an animated mesh or not. Meshes without animations need to be exported with child empties in the desired prop location renamed prop-yournamehere. Make sure your empties are selected on export if you export by selection, but make sure the mesh itself is the active selection. yournamehere will be the assignable point in the actor editor.

In animated mesh files this needs to be a child bone on the armature instead of an empty, similarly named prop-something.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:11 AM, LordGood said:

That depends on whether its an animated mesh or not. Meshes without animations need to be exported with child empties in the desired prop location renamed prop-yournamehere. Make sure your empties are selected on export if you export by selection, but make sure the mesh itself is the active selection. yournamehere will be the assignable point in the actor editor.

In animated mesh files this needs to be a child bone on the armature instead of an empty, similarly named prop-something.

I noticed that blender 2.8 doesnt really work when adding the prop points. Is there a reason for this? 2.79 works fine, but it's still a bit wonky.

For example, I'm using the Hyrule .dae files and trying to structure new prop points for units in a new civ I'm working on.

4 hours ago, Intellect said:

noticed that blender 2.8 doesnt really work when adding the prop points. Is there a reason for this? 2.79 works fine, but it's still a bit wonky.

The animation format changed between the two slightly so they might just be incompatible with each other.