While I like your enthusiasm organizing a tournament I would like to point you to the header of this forum which states "wildfire games", @MarcusAureliu#s . Since - as far as I know - you are not part of the wildfiregames team I would like to request you remove the "official" (and variations thereof) from your posts. (I guess we can live with the image of rules but please be considerate what you are saying in the future ;) ).

With that in mind I wish you a great competition and all participants an exciting time (y)

"Say not always what you know, but always know what you say."
~Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (10 BC – 54 AD)

P.S.: A professional in a field (abbreviation "Pro") is someone who earns his living doing something in that field.

Edited by FeXoR

1 hour ago, FeXoR said:

While I like your enthusiasm organizing a tournament I would like to point you to the header of this forum which states "wildfire games", @MarcusAureliu#s . Since - as far as I know - you are not part of the wildfiregames team I would like to request you remove the "official" (and variations thereof) from your posts. (I guess we can live with the image of rules but please be considerate what you are saying in the future ;) ).

With that in mind I wish you a great competition and all participants an exciting time (y)

"Say not always what you know, but always know what you say."
~Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (10 BC – 54 AD)

P.S.: A professional in a field (abbreviation "Pro") is someone who earns his living doing something in that field.

Are you refering to " oficially registered teams "  @FeXoR? It was not my intention to suggest these were approved by wildfire games, it is just counting the sign ups in this thread, "official" just as far as the organisation of this particular tournament goes. I didnt mean any offence, and will remove those words to avoid misunderstandings. Please just let me know what i should adjust in order to avoid evoking false impressions.

43 minutes ago, Unknown_Player said:

What do you think using wooden wall like on the video?

Is it a cheat or normal? Want to learn your opinions guys. 

For me its more cheat because using beyond its intended purpose.

Hm,  i think this is kind of abusing pathfinding system. I think you can though give manually orders to destroy the foundations. I think walling is an aspect in AoE 2 i am not playing that though.  but i think it is no cheating as you can prevent quite well by paying attention.

edit: seeing the end wall spamming kind of seems problematic

Edited by MarcusAureliu#s

1 hour ago, go2die said:

If those are teams Im going to evaluate them the most  subjective im able :) [course will try be objective]

1-2 total noob
2-4 average
5-6 best average but still weak
7-8 very good
9-10 OPs

May Gods - fpre (8.5), MarcAurel (7), Lord_Commander (6.5), randomid (7.5) = total rank 28.5
French -  Dakara (7.5), esu(6), Metafondations(7), Dakeyras (7)  = 27.5) 
Cyborgs [eae em]:    Badosu(7.5), Stockfish(9), Borg(9.5) , Vicentesk(7) = 34
Goats                         ValihrAnt(10), Phyzic(9), Issh(7), Edwarf(8), aow(6) =  34
Los Gringos:  chrstgtr(8.5), Rauls(9), SaidRdz(7.5), Ricsand(7.5) =32.5
???                    Boudica(9.0), UnknownPlayer(8),  Havran(7.5), go2die(6.5) = 31

Thats my guess

18 hours ago, Unknown_Player said:

What do you think using wooden wall like on the video?

Is it a cheat or normal? Want to learn your opinions guys. 

For me its more cheat because using beyond its intended purpose.

I think palisades should be designed to stop men/cav only not sieges. The current issue is that it is too easy to accumulate huge amount of palisades for very cheap in a very small amount of time/space. As LeGenDz said maybe slower construction speed or other modifications could be nice to reduce palisades spam.  It would reward more anticipation over micro but for this particular problem, I don't really see what you could have forbidden Stockfish to do.

3 minutes ago, faction02 said:

I think palisades should be designed to stop men/cav only not sieges. The current issue is that it is too easy to accumulate huge amount of palisades for very cheap in a very small amount of time/space. As LeGenDz said maybe slower construction speed or other modifications could be nice to reduce palisades spam.  It would reward more anticipation over micro but for this particular problem, I don't really see what you could have forbidden Stockfish to do.

I agree. Thank you for giving your opinion. Slower construction speed is a good idea. Maybe they will change it for next alpha in this way.

@Unknown_Player you finally posted it.

Palisades are good like they are. What i did is good, but then i got punnished becouse of space , and it was more difficult to me to do eco after the walls spam. And even to do a strong attack later.

Anyway, building walls like that is not that easy, you must be multitasking a lot of things, while moving units to fight.

Greetings

@go2die

May Gods
- fpre (8.75), MarcAurel (7.5), Lord_Commander (?), randomid (7.25)
French -  Dakara (?), esu(?), Metafondations(6.5), Dakeyras (7)
eae em:    Badosu(8), Stockfish(8.75), Borg(9.5) , Vicentesk(7.75) = 34
Goats                         ValihrAnt(10), Phyzic(9.25), Issh(7), Edwarf(8.75) = 34.5
Los Gringos:  chrstgtr(8.75), Rauls(9), SaidRdz(8.5), Ricsand(7.75) = 34
???                    Boudica(8), UnknownPlayer(8),  Havran(8.5), go2die(6.5) = 31

Edited by badosu
  • Sad 1

as my opinion

May Gods - fpre (8.75), MarcAurel (7), Lord_Commander (6), randomid (7.5)

French -  Dakara (7.5), esu(4,5), Metafondations(7.25), Dakeyras (7)

eae em -   Badosu(8,25), Stockfish(8.75), Borg(9.25) , Vicentesk(only see 1 game) 

Goats -  ValihrAnt(10), Phyzic(9.), Issh(7), Edwarf(8.5) 

Los Gringos - chrstgtr(8.5), Rauls(8.5), SaidRdz(7.5), Ricsand(7.5) 

No name Yet -  Boudica(9), UnknownPlayer(8),  Havran(8), go2die(6.5)

Edited by Dakara

I think that @Dakara did an unexpectedly good rating job. If his rating is not copyrighted, I'd just say copy it and count it as mine. ;)

I first considered changing the rating of two or three players, but I realized that it's the stability of their play that matters. Some can grow really fast but won't fight great, some perform worse when rushed or with a less played civilizations, some play great but have little sense of the team, and others the opposite. I think that for example esu might become better pretty soon. He was a good teammate IIRC, only lacking some specific skills.

Edited by Boudica
  • Thanks 1