loosing connections to multiplayer lobby when hosting (in the middle of the game)

maroder

Hello everyone,

Latly i began to play games in the multiplayer lobby, mostly with a friend of mine & an additional ai to support him as he just started playing. Most of the time that works good, i figured out how to open a port on my router ect. and i can host the game. But it happend now several times that about one hour in the game suddenly i get the message that my friend left the game. And when i then pause the game to give him time to rejoin and open the lobby window, there is the messge "the connection to the lobby was lost" and i cannot find the game anymore in the list of games that are played at the moment. So we have to abort the session and start a new one.

So i would really like to know how to fix this issue, before i try to join ranked games, because i read here that it is very annoying to everyone when some leaves a ranked game.

There is no error window popping up when that happens, so i cannot tell you the error code, and also the game dont crash. I am still in the game & can see what happens in the lobby, but the game dissapeared from the list.

So the only thoughts i have on why this happens is either a bad internet connection of my friend, which would mean i dont have  to change anything, or maybe something with the fact that i get a new public ip from my internet provider from time to time which may mess up the connection in that moment?

So what do you think? i would be happy for some tips.

Greetins maroder

i tried setting my laptop to maximum performance and but im not sure if it helped that much. I still loose connection to the lobby from time to time. And if i host a game and that happens, most of the time the game still disappears from the current game list. But i havent been playing this much the last days, so i can propobly report more after next weekend.

Network turnmanager runs on the same thread as simulation. There is plan to move network turnmanager to another thread but nobody worked on it recently. 

For match dissapearing from list, that happens when host disconnects (there is patch for that somewhere). 

To improve performance so network code has more time, try to lower shadow quality, water settings, disable post processing... in game settings. 

• Thanks 1

Ok so i tried a few more games and the combination of setting the performance under windows on maximum and disabeling a few graphic settings & play with fewer units per player did the trick. So far no more disconnections appeared. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1