Intrest in team tournament ?

@Marcus Aurelius check out my post in the Vrating . as for making the proper balanced tier list we can use the same method i used in my Vrating. a vote 

anyone can give their idea on the new thread you should make (since you had the original idea) just make ppl write their opinions based on the 18(was 12)total points for 4v4 system 

make them do it based on ranks like 1300-1500 example.

id write my example too.it wont be too complicated to make everything balanced its pretty clear to most people how player levels relate to each other

i raised to 18 to make it easier to do. as we def dont want 2 of the gold tier guys to be in the same team.but also if in 2v2 where point levels are 9 total in this case it means if lets say feld and 3 others were in a team and then 2 left and feld and 1 other person had to play then they might not fit because of the imbalance with the points issue(lets say feld is 8 but def should be 9) id say its fair tho to let feld play alone vs lets say 2 1400s or something or whatever makes up 9 points.with 0 point payer feld could have an ally even.

worst case some will go under it but this will be an even more fun thing to add as now team leaders have to find proper level players for every scenario to max their chances so instead of 8/9 they use 9/9

there should be 0 point rateds too tho  below 1200 or something if you allow that level.

16 minutes ago, MarcusAureliu#s said:

Thanks for putting in all the thought. Every player who is willing to get involved in setting tiers is welcome to join Phyzic in doing so. It is good though to have a authority on this to prevent endless arguments.

For the issue of finding time i had the following concern doing something like you proposed: If you give a large timeframe and every team has to select like 2 hours within it is rather unlikely at some point that the time frames matches the opponents and it will be alot of work to organize it that way. I chose 19.00 CET Sunday bc it was the time when Sunday Pro Games took place, and also Sunday is when most people are free. Also it kinda sucks to wait like 3 hours for the opponent team to show up. It also serves the purpose of not punishing the teams that actually have time, but their opponent cant find any time frame. I see endless arguments incoming without a basic rule. I admit that making the individual agreement work involves good will by all teams and a competitive mindset of players to find a solution that provides the biggest game. I thought about punishing both teams for playing a 2v2 to encourage finding a compromise  but it seems a bit unfair for the larger team members who freed up time to be able to play when other team players just dont show up. Also it encourages 4 player teams

trust me on this you dont wanna rely on players good will. a large amount of games will get messed up and youll have alot of stuff to deal with. really really bad idea. its been done b4. 

ive explained alternatives.making someone from japan play someone from USA is a really bad idea. it causes all sorts of issues . you NEED time brackets 

now choosing option 1 i wrote about or option 2 is the question tbh. i recommend option 1 its faster

Edited by vinme

i mean any just taped together design will work but if you want max outreach dont try to take everything at once. pick a time bracket from most popular 0ad playing stats (idk if thoes exist if not ask around when are most ppl around) and do option 1 on it. solves all the problems. im assuming you didnt read my thing because you thought it was too long but i mention there that even 1v1s have significant issues with matchups and such especially in no restrictions/conditions tournaments let alone teamgames even 2v2 increases that problem 4 FUCVVING times because first 1 player has to agree to another then third has to agree to these 2 and then fourth has to agree to these 3. like if 1v1 working without any restrictions average chance was lets say 60-70% then 60/4= 15% it wont work. please consider adding restrictions.

Edited by vinme

4 minutes ago, badosu said:

Vinme, stop flooding. Let the guy organize the tournament :laugh:

i'm genuinely trying to help.badosu pls read my post XD i was so sleep deprived took me hour and a half to put together itll take 5 min to read.looks long cuz quotes and skipped lines

6 minutes ago, vinme said:

i'm genuinely trying to help.badosu pls read my post XD i was so sleep deprived took me hour and a half to put together itll take 5 min to read.looks long cuz quotes and skipped lines

i appreciate your thoughts, but consider if you make time brackets you have only half the matches and if you have weaker bracket you have advantage. I think we should first let teams register and then see how the timing can be done bc now we can only speculate

thats true   @MarcusAureliu#s

smaller the time bracket less people will play! that is what you said and you are 100% correct

but consider THIS.for the EXACT same reason that less ppl will play in bracket matches..for the exact same reason you will have shitton of issues with your matchups.

you cant eat the cake and have it too. if you make 2 tournaments or more you can get all of the market as ive mentioned in my long comment. do polar opposites and then arrange a 1v1(but lets not even consider that as then both tournaments need equal players and that wont be likely) with the champs if you want.

brackets have more reasons other than only letting players who are free then play.in option 1 they also only let players  who have enough time so to agree to a matchup play.very important as well.

edit:polar opposite example 12 am-6pm 12pm-6am

Edited by vinme

In-Game Team Right:

How about a rule that when players go missing (disconnected, leaving), then a total of 5 minutes pausing per match is available (doesnt matter how often they disconnects/connects, join, leave, the time counts until the player is completely joined in game and ready to continue playing again), then the other team can enforce no more pausing possible if they want. Just giving them a right to take. The team can of course doesn't have to choose that right and just keep waiting.

So we keep a good time frame as valid for playing if the other team wants.

@MarcusAurelius @AllOthers

Edited by ffffffff

2 hours ago, ffffffff said:

In-Game Team Right:

How about a rule that when players go missing (disconnected, leaving), then a total of 5 minutes pausing per match is available (doesnt matter how often they disconnects/connects, join, leave, the time counts until the player is completely joined in game and ready to continue playing again), then the other team can enforce no more pausing possible if they want. Just giving them a right to take. The team can of course doesn't have to choose that right and just keep waiting.

So we keep a good time frame as valid for playing if the other team wants.

@MarcusAurelius @AllOthers

I will add that, thx 

I think balaland (fixed) might be good to include in map pool.

I also made adjustments to wrench and cross (both large for 4v4). If wrench included i recommend fixed positions or staggered (12121212) as it can get a bit turtly on 11112222.

If we have a large enough map pool we can also include mechanic to ban 1 map for each team.

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27654-balanced-maps-mod/&do=findComment&comment=396390

Edited by badosu