[request]: longer palisades

Nescio

2 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

User Preferences window Addons tab at the bottom of the window Install by file if the addon comes as a zip not need to un-zip it.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Inside Blender? Could you plz specify more? Id didn't understand what you said :(

Edited by Pablinski2
Spelling

1 minute ago, Nescio said:

Yeah, about that, the simulation templates use different numbers. Was it 1:4? I recall you explaining it to me in the past, but I forgot when or where.

The recommended scale part is outdated :)

Yes inside blender the Edit menu at the bottom Preferences there are lots already that ship with blender this is where you activate each one individually other addons that you download are usually in zip file there is no need to un-zip them just click the 'Install form File' button navigate to where you downloaded the addon select it then click finish it is now available but you have to activate it by clicking in the little square next to it's tile.BTW all this is detailed as part of the blender documentation on there website or just click Help in blender.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

Edited by Loki1950
spelling error

28 minutes ago, Stan` said:

The recommended scale part is outdated :)

Nonetheless, it would be good to know how Blender units correspong to template values (e.g. footprint, obstruction, wall length), to avoid misunderstandings. :)

1 minute ago, Nescio said:

Nonetheless, it would be good to know how Blender units correspong to template values (e.g. footprint, obstruction, wall length), to avoid misunderstandings. :)

It's written? Assuming unit is meter a 16x16 plane in blender is a 8x8 in game tiles.  Units are about 4,2m (2.10)

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

It's written? Assuming unit is meter a 16x16 plane in blender is a 8x8 in game tiles.  Units are about 4,2m (2.10)

Yes, but I believe templates don't use game tiles directly; e.g. athen_wall_long.xml has footprint 37×6 and wall length 36, and infantry has a footprint radius of 1.5 (i.e. a diameter of 3).

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Each game tile is divided in 16 smaller tiles see the test-foundation map so 18x18 blender 9x9 game 36*36 obstruction

Yes, that's what I wanted to know, thanks for the confirmation. So when I write palisade lengths (6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36), it means (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18) in Blender, apparently; right?

38 minutes ago, Pablinski2 said:

Thx for the tutorial! :D and thx @Loki1950 too for the explanation! :D

Okay so now you should have both the files and the importer. You can now import any static model from the game into blender :) just find the actor,

binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/**

And use the import option of blender to import it :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Okay so now you should have both the files and the importer. You can now import any static model from the game into blender :) just find the actor,

binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/**

And use the import option of blender to import it :)

I guess I should import using the Pyrogenesis Actor option right?

26 minutes ago, Stan` said:

If you are talking about obstructions and blender size are in meters then yes :)

The <Footprint> nodes in the simulation templates use the same dimensions as the <Obstruction> nodes.

Anyway, I've just updated https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtScaleAndProportions to reflect that, I hope you don't mind. :)

[EDIT]: For non-wall structures, are those the target sizes or the maximum sizes?

Edited by Nescio
question

36 minutes ago, Pablinski2 said:

Btw which civilisation are we talking about? xD

Palisade actors are under art/actors/props/special/palisade_rocks_* (don't ask me why) and cart low wall actors are under art/actors/structures/carthaginians/short_wall_* (no gate exists yet, they use the palisade gate as a placeholder).

4 hours ago, Nescio said:

So when I write palisade lengths (6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36), it means (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18)

I'm going to start resizing palisades now, so this are the final lengths of the palisades right? (3, 6, 9, 12, 15,18) these are Blender meters right?

@Stan` I have a problem with Blender measures xd. The default cube that's always there is supossed to be 2x2x2meters.

Then why this happens when I import any actor? Why suddenly it appears that the 2x2x2m that's not been modified is way smaller than an edge that's supossed to be 0.0477m?????? Measurements are driving me crazy!!! xDD

122410863_Capturadepantalla(323).thumb.png.1a972a3ffb14518daa41d206332ee6eb.png

That's because when importing actors it imports the unit they were exported in. You need to switch it back in the options. 

Safest way

- Import inch exported mesh

- Save blend file

- Create new blend with meters

- Append from the first blend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pablinski2 said:

I'm going to start resizing palisades now, so this are the final lengths of the palisades right? (3, 6, 9, 12, 15,18) these are Blender meters right?

Yes. 6, 12, 18 (Blender: 3, 6, 9 m) are the short, medium, long palisade lengths I want, i.e. about a third longer than the current sizes (4.5, 9, 13.5). @wowgetoffyourcellphone requested the sizes 12, 24, 36 (Blender: 6, 12, 18 m) earlier, i.e. the short segment would then be nearly the same length as the current long segment. And 30 (Blender: 15 m) as an extra, to maintain regular intervals.

The curved and straight palisades ought to get the same length as the long palisade, i.e. 3 art tiles = 6 m in Blender = 12 in simulation templates. The palisade gate should be expanded to that same length. The other palisade files can remain unchanged.