Jump to content

SVN public Alpha 24 Version on MacOS UI problem


Recommended Posts

 

Problem: The game window looks like in the picture below. Everything is clickable but you have to operate through the black by trial&error. 

I read the article wiki/ReportingErrors, so I chose to create a new topic in the Bug Reports forum. 

  • interestinglog.html is empty (no errors or warnings)

Build Version: Alpha 0.0.24 - 03.05.2020 , MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

564538149_Screenshot2020-05-03at21_23_23.thumb.png.59becc056f8129ef922aa138d68b053a.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
-SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.5"
+SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"
  • modified the build script
  • updated the library
  • Workspaces. Run test & Start pyrogenesis. Problem solved

1558344413_Screenshot2020-05-04at03_29_04.thumb.png.d85add052a0109b8d406945265e28bda.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: For almost all library files there are more updates available, I thought this overview might be helpful. If you want me to update the file "build-osx-libs.sh" with the latest libraries and replace http with https. I think I can do that. I am only hesitating because of Krinkle's comment on the ICU update.

ZLIB_VERSION="zlib-1.2.11"						(OK)
CURL_VERSION="curl-7.59.0"						(Update available 7.70.0)
ICONV_VERSION="libiconv-1.15"						(Update available 1.16)
XML2_VERSION="libxml2-2.9.8"						(Update available 2.9.9)								
SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"						(Updated to 2.0.12 from 2.0.5)
BOOST_VERSION="boost_1_64_0"						(Update available 1.73.0)
WXWIDGETS_VERSION="wxWidgets-3.0.3.1"					(Update available 3.0.5)
PNG_VERSION="libpng-1.6.34"						(Update available 1.6.37)									
OGG_VERSION="libogg-1.3.3"						(Update available 1.3.4)
VORBIS_VERSION="libvorbis-1.3.6"					(OK)
GMP_VERSION="gmp-6.1.2"							(Update available 6.2.0)
NETTLE_VERSION="nettle-3.5.1"						(Update available 3.6)
GNUTLS_VERSION="gnutls-3.6.13"						(Updated to 3.6.13 from 3.6.8)
GLOOX_VERSION="gloox-1.0.22"						(Update available 1.0.23)
ICU_VERSION="icu4c-59_2"						(Update available 67.1)
ENET_VERSION="enet-1.3.13"						(Update available 1.3.15)
MINIUPNPC_VERSION="miniupnpc-2.0.20180222"				(Update available 2.1.20191224)
SODIUM_VERSION="libsodium-1.0.18"					(Update available 1.0.18-stable)

 

 

Edited by Langbart
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Langbart said:

-SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.5"
+SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"
  • modified the build script
  • updated the library
  • Workspaces. Run test & Start pyrogenesis. Problem solved

1558344413_Screenshot2020-05-04at03_29_04.thumb.png.d85add052a0109b8d406945265e28bda.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: For almost all library files there are more updates available, I thought this overview might be helpful. If you want me to update the file "build-osx-libs.sh" with the latest libraries and replace http with https. I think I can do that. I am only hesitating because of Krinkle's comment on the ICU update.


ZLIB_VERSION="zlib-1.2.11"						(OK)
CURL_VERSION="curl-7.59.0"						(Update available 7.70.0)
ICONV_VERSION="libiconv-1.15"						(Update available 1.16)
XML2_VERSION="libxml2-2.9.8"						(Update available 2.9.9)								
SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"						(Updated to 2.0.12 from 2.0.5)
BOOST_VERSION="boost_1_64_0"						(Update available 1.73.0)
WXWIDGETS_VERSION="wxWidgets-3.0.3.1"					(Update available 3.0.5)
PNG_VERSION="libpng-1.6.34"						(Update available 1.6.37)									
OGG_VERSION="libogg-1.3.3"						(Update available 1.3.4)
VORBIS_VERSION="libvorbis-1.3.6"					(OK)
GMP_VERSION="gmp-6.1.2"							(Update available 6.2.0)
NETTLE_VERSION="nettle-3.5.1"						(Update available 3.6)
GNUTLS_VERSION="gnutls-3.6.13"						(Updated to 3.6.13 from 3.6.8)
GLOOX_VERSION="gloox-1.0.22"						(Update available 1.0.23)
ICU_VERSION="icu4c-59_2"						(Update available 67.1)
ENET_VERSION="enet-1.3.13"						(Update available 1.3.15)
MINIUPNPC_VERSION="miniupnpc-2.0.20180222"				(Update available 2.1.20191224)
SODIUM_VERSION="libsodium-1.0.18"					(Update available 1.0.18-stable)

 

 

Well obviously we will be gratefull if you could do phabricator patch and review others https://code.wildfiregames.com/feed/query/all/ because very rarely we have MacOS user who is also developer and who can review low programming stuff also spidermonkey and wxwidgets library would be nice to upgrade but it is difficult because  on different platforms it has different errors and a lot of code is based on interaction with those libraries so sometimes some parts would need to be rewritten then there is a matter of commiting since library updates can commit and review either @Itms or the other guy from last report. As you mentioned you are familiar with krinkles proposals on fabricator, are you? Or you can look at other library updates from other members https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2689.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Asterix, 

Thank you for the reply. Well, I studied your forum account and found a MacUser who had the same problem to create the game. Stan wants the WXWIDGETS  developer version 3.1.3 instead of the 3.0.5 stable version. Which one shall I send to the phabricator (https://code.wildfiregames.com)? As pointed out in the "build-osx-libs.sh" file regarding GnuTLS, wouldn't it be wise to update Nettle and GMP as well?

# gloox requires GnuTLS, GnuTLS requires Nettle and GMP
GMP_VERSION="gmp-6.1.2"
NETTLE_VERSION="nettle-3.5.1"
# NOTE: remember to also update LIB_URL below when changing version
GNUTLS_VERSION="gnutls-3.6.13"
GLOOX_VERSION="gloox-1.0.22"

 

 PS: While reading through your forum activity I found out about ForkAD, really sorry about the schism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Langbart said:

Stan wants the WXWIDGETS  developer version 3.1.3 instead of the 3.0.5 stable version.

I'm not sure what you imply by that. I guess you need a more recent version to support the Dark mode theme.

I believe there is already a patch by @Krinkle for gnutls :)

mifht be nice to update gmp and nettle libs if we can guarantee it doesnt break the game :)

1 hour ago, Langbart said:

PS: While reading through your forum activity I found out about ForkAD, really sorry about the schism.

Well it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I'm not sure what you imply by that. I guess you need a more recent version to support the Dark mode theme.

 

It's regarding the article "Trying to compile game on Mac" from 27th November 2019. I had the understanding you would rather use the latest develper version in this case.

Quote

Given that Mac OS Catalina was released afterwards I'd have a tendency to say we should go for the latest in this case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the same issue, thank you for the clue about sdl2, do you know if there is patch in phabricator for this? :)

-SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.5"
+SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, wik said:

I've had the same issue, thank you for the clue about sdl2, do you know if there is patch in phabricator for this? :)


-SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.5"
+SDL2_VERSION="SDL2-2.0.12"

If i may advise for now, follow patches from @Krinkle and @Itms  on phab, unfortunately for sdl there is not such patch because it has similar problem as spidermonkey because that library is bit heavily integrated into the codebase so it is harder to update it than libraries that are less dependant for codebase to function, because some parts will need to be rewritten. @wraitii  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 10:10 PM, Langbart said:

Problem: The game window looks like in the picture below. Everything is clickable but you have to operate through the black by trial&error.

I noticed that switching to another window / screen and then switching back to the game window restores the view.

But there is other problem with old SDL, it is impossible to enter any text, for example: to log into Lobby or change Player Name for Multiplayer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...