Mayan Classic Architecture Reference

Lion.Kanzen

• 9 months later...
Just now, Lopess said:

Lately I'm reading a little bit about Izapa and Kaminaljuyu from the pre-classic. Together with the Epi-Olmecs, they would be good neighbors for the Zapotecs.

I'm going to need that, what I know about Mesoamerica is basic, I live in a Mesoamerican country, but my attention is more drawn to Rome.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I'm going to need that, what I know about Mesoamerica is basic, I live in a Mesoamerican country, but my attention is more drawn to Rome.

Rome is also cool, lol There is a lot of material in Spanish, mainly on academica.com. The classic Maya are really well studied and architectural sources would not be a problem nor the names for heroes. I can believe that two civ Tikal and Calakmul could fit into the millennium ad.

1 minute ago, Lopess said:

Rome is also cool, lol There is a lot of material in Spanish, mainly on academica.com. The classic Maya are really well studied and architectural sources would not be a problem nor the names for heroes. I can believe that two civ Tikal and Calakmul could fit into the millennium ad.

Post Classic.  I really like the textures of those renders. I'm going to imitate them.

Color, not so much the ornaments. Just details.