REDUCE LAGS ON MULTIPLAYER UNLIMITED POPULATION

Scrotus98

hello guys, I'm new in this forum and i was very happy to enter this very active comunity .. I was amazed by what was created and I have to say that the game (which i recommended to several of my friends) is taking a lot .
We were looking for a way to play with unlimited population since each of us has performing CPUs but unfortunately there are continuous lag when the population exceeds thousands of units. Reading the various topics, I read that the problem of lags is given by POPULATION TOO HIGH, MAPS TOO LARGE, RENDERING OF TREES ..
So I was wondering if it was enough to turn the effects down in Options -> Grafics (including termal throttling) to remedy the problem.
Thanks in advance for your reply, you are great! :medieval:

Hello and Welcome.

The lags problems comme from the pathfinding of each units, so it is not realy a grafic problem.

If you and your friend handel only troops in formation, it can reduce the probleme.

feel happy, i can not play with more than 300 pop on the map :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scrotus98 said:

So if my troops are in one of the formation that 0 AD suggests me, I can play with less lags??

yes exactly… because their patfinding is similar and the core need to find only one path for the wohl group (max 200 units/group) instead of finding 200 paths.

and you may notice that units that are not moving, dont afects the fps.

• Like 2