Realtime clock in main menu

Carltonus

MenuClock.thumb.jpg.40e368ad1f7dff22737205a77ed067d8.jpgWas starting a Random game, went to the in-game Settings to enable the Realtime Overlay, crashed with a BSOD "DPC watchdog violation" in the middle of my successful game. When re-opening the game, the main menu has the Realtime Overlay clock in the menu. Tried turning it off and back on in the menu settings but it still comes back. There will be a short update post for when it goes away after a game without a crash.

The random game in question:

commands.txt

Edited by Carltonus
Forgot the game replay

20 hours ago, Carltonus said:

@Nescio: it's the shortcut for enabling/disabling Realtime Overlay on the main menu, doesn't help much but it helps. Think this is a bug?

It isn't a bug, it works as expected: it toggles the real time overlay in your current session. It does not change your user configurations. To do that, locate your local `user.cfg` file (see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths ), and delete the following line:

overlay.realtime = "true"

Alternatively, launch the game, click Settings (or Menu) → Options → General, untick Realtime Overlay, click Save, then Close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got them. Turned the overlay on in-game, when I got back to the main menu (after a game or crash), it is still there. My only concern was that the clock (or even the frames per second counter) may not appeal to the eyes appreciating the menu art. Suggest putting them somewhere else (still on the menu like within the menu bar with the buttons), but during a game they can stay there?