Voilent Computer Games

I am undecided, but in the end I'll say yes. I have played a few, and it just seemed that it would lower could possibly lower your - innocence? Maybe that person would go so low, that whenever he had an argument - he would rather get violent that work it out. On the other side of the specturm, though, violent games allow you to be violent so why would he want to do the real thing?

KILL KILL KILL!!111

Oh please, if you read a violent book will you go out and murder your parents? If you see a violent show on TV will you go stick up a bank?

If you are over 12 years old, violent games will not effect your judgement, if it does, then you don't have the maturity of a 12 year old...

I'm with cougar on this one, it depends on the person. I agree it doesn't affect most people, but some people are violent by nature so it will probably affect them.

It's rediculous how some countries forbid video games, they should know better where the violence and criminality among people is coming from. It's society in a whole that causes this, not just one small aspect.

I think it depends on the person. But violence is violence even in video games. You shoot/kill people for the fun of it, it isn't bad, it isn't great either. The point of it is, if you think games influence your way of being and make you become violent then stop playing them.

btw, there an error in the title of the thread...Voilent Computer Games

In my opinion it depends on the personality of course. However there are different types of violence...some influence people more than others.

I don't know if anyone of you watched the movie "American History X", but there was that scene where the protagonist killed 2 black people who were about to steal his car. He shot one and did something with the second one that you'd talk about with your friends in school (no mention here what he did. Look at the Community Guidelines).

I mean if the violence in media makes people talk about it, then it's of that type that really influences them. When you talk about it, you think about it and reflex to it. Thus it has potential to make you go out "trying" what you just saw.

Everyone likes TechTV :) If you liked it 2 years ago though, then you're a geek ;) They weren't "hip" or modern then, but atleast they gamed it up with X-play (used to be extended play which used to be gamespy TV, but ofcourse everything now has to be ExtrEmified)