What Computer Company Is The Best?

What don't you like about an emachine? Personally, I'll go with a Dell, but my emachine was a good deal, and I haven't had any problems with it - yet. Now, I'm really suprised at a Compaq! My best friend had one for the last 5 years, and had no trouble with it. Also, If I were to list all the individual companies, the poll would be 20ft long! So I have just listed the one's that I am familiar with.

Have you added anything new to it?  Every Compaq I've worked with has their own parts, so replacing them with a store-bought part was a no-no.

*agrees*

That is just the problem I had when I wanted to upgrade the Compaq-PC of my brother... they even had some complex mechanic to fix the mainboard so you couldn't remove it (well, you could, but you needed to be brutal and destroy it...). Compaq tower cases are relatively good, but can't be compared with Dell or custom ones (Chieftec ;)).

For three years now, I only use self-built computers and I must say that my self-built machines run much better then any company-assembled system, because I know what pieces should be from good companies (like the mainboard, which is often noname or selfmade in those company computers) and which ones can be less expensive ones :)

• 7 months later...

Dell is not that great for support, it was really funny:

Brian, Bobby and I were working on his computer and then we called Dell and this crazy Indian Guy was on and told us to press these buttons and then it messed things up even more! The computer would go extreamly slow then. Then the guy said let me transfer you, and hung us up! :P Hahaha, it was funny. :P