Experimenting with icons

There is no disconnection, or maybe my eyes betray me, which means it's possible they control the animation of the model via code...

5 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Would it look weird at gameplay zoom level? Dunno.

Probably not, but people would probably complain ^^

• Haha 1

On 23/01/2021 at 5:43 AM, Stan` said:

phase_village_00.pngphase_village_01.pngphase_village_02.pngphase_village_03.pngphase_village_04.png
phase_town_00.pngphase_town_01.pngphase_town_02.pngphase_town_03.pngphase_town_04.png
phase_city_00.pngphase_city_01.pngphase_city_02.pngphase_city_03.pngphase_city_04.png
phase_imperial_00.pngimperial_phase_01.pngphase_imperial_02.pngphase_imperial_03.pngphase_imperial_04.png

Had some fun the phase icons using my new letters.

phase_sources.7z 1 MB · 9 downloads

I love these, but if they were to be implemented why not use all of them? Different colours for different ages would make it more like we are, say, progressing through history. So use one colour for each age.
How i would go through them would be Copper/Silver/Darkish Gold/Lightish Gold.
My reasoning being the copper age is the closest of where 0ad's timeline starts, silver is used as money but not worth as much as gold, dark gold is used less than it's lightish more twinkly variant which looks more showoffy.

On 13/04/2021 at 4:54 PM, Stan` said:

There is no disconnection, or maybe my eyes betray me, which means it's possible they control the animation of the model via code...

Probably not, but people would probably complain ^^

They would only complain........
If they could see the thing to complain about. That means you just need to make it so they can only see it if they look close enough, but in a strategy game, everyone would be busy with other things, no?

27 minutes ago, Auron24015 said:

If they could see the thing to complain about. That means you just need to make it so they can only see it if they look close enough, but in a strategy game, everyone would be busy with other things, no?

Well you'd think so, but there are multiple types of players, and some like to zoom in :D

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/05/2021 at 2:57 PM, Yekaterina said:

I feel the need to point out that in A25 the icon for barracks have been renamed to 'barracks.png', in A24 the name was 'pers_barracks.png'. Modders need to beware of this. The appearance of the icons are still identical. 

It wasn't before because there wasn't any stable.

sickle copie.pnghammer copie.pngfist copie.png

sickle.psd hammer.psd fist.psd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...