Single Player Map

allalongthetower

• 9 months later...

It worked! Thanks! One question: I hate to nitpick, but in the A24 mod, when you select a villager and run your mouse over the chickens (probably all animals), it shows a graphic of meat. In the A23 mod, it didn't do that. It might have something to do with it saying "Fauna" instead of "food." Is there a way to make the A24 mod the same way so that doesn't show meat? Let me know if this is doable. Thanks so much for ALL you've already done.

7 minutes ago, allalongthetower said:

Thanks! BTW--what does SVN mean??? I keep going back and forth on the fishing, too, but I think it's better to leave it out as it has been.

Thanks again for all you do--excited to share this new version with the students.

It is the development version of 0 A.D.

• Like 1

So the kids played today (Alpha 23, No Violence Mod), and I heard a first grader say, "That person is lying down." I went over and there was someone who had been chopping wood and was a bloody mess (don't worry, the kid was okay.) I asked her if she hit the skull button, and she said she didn't. She's pretty with it, but she must have. I can't think of another reason a person died. Is there a chance we can take out the graphic for the "Delete" function so the people just disappear when you next edit the No Violence Mod for A24?

@Freagarach, I know I'm putting you through the ringer--I really appreciate it. The kids really liked the game. :-D

2 hours ago, allalongthetower said:

So the kids played today (Alpha 23, No Violence Mod), and I heard a first grader say, "That person is lying down." I went over and there was someone who had been chopping wood and was a bloody mess (don't worry, the kid was okay.) I asked her if she hit the skull button, and she said she didn't. She's pretty with it, but she must have. I can't think of another reason a person died. Is there a chance we can take out the graphic for the "Delete" function so the people just disappear when you next edit the No Violence Mod for A24?

@Freagarach, I know I'm putting you through the ringer--I really appreciate it. The kids really liked the game. :-D

if you are able to compile it by yourself and find the icon in the source. then its probably easy, i hope, to change that icon. https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

Edited by seeh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2021 at 2:02 AM, Freagarach said:

Sorry to have to keep you waiting. I'll fix the meat icon and remove the ability to "delete" an entity entirely.

And I'll ping you when it's done :)

@FreagarachI heard Alpha 25 is coming out--would it be better just to skip fixing 24 and take your time fixing 25?

To review the changes were:

1. Fix the meat icon that appears when you run your cursor over an animal
  2. Remove the ability to "delete" an entity entirely.
  3. If you can, remove any aggressive splash-screens.
  4. Actually, if you can change the "food" icons, maybe a wheat one would be better than meat. (I know--this is a new request)

I want to reiterate again how much I appreciate your help. My students love the game, and I love sharing it with them!

Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, allalongthetower said:

My students love the game, and I love sharing it with them!

Hi allalongthetower my I ask what sort of a school do you teach in, where the students play 0AD in class? Sounds so fun! What subject is this? My school is rated on the top of the list in England and they banned 0AD as well as a range of useful websites, e.g. reddit, discord...