NSIS error.

gameboy

@Itms I tested this version of NSIS you gave, but this problem appeared: SetOutPath: "$ INSTDIR \ binaries \ data \ mods \ public"
File: "public.zip" [compress] Error: add_db_data () called with length = -1
Error in script "E: \ trunk \ source \ tools \ dist \ 0ad.nsi" on line 127-aborting creation process

BTW: The size of public.zip is 2.24GB

• 2 months later...

I was just randomly googling nsisbi just to see if there were any issues, and I found this thread. So I joined up just to let you know what the problem is.

Both official nsis and nsisbi currently have the same limit on a single file added to the installer, it's 32bit minus the top bit which makes the limit 2GB. Official nsis would never hit this limit because the datablock limit is also 2GB. Nsisbi has a 64bit datablock, which makes the 2GB single file problem clear.

So yeah, thanks to this thread I have added 64bit support for single files, but the problem is that other limits now play a role (codecs, file systems, etc). The lzma decoder had a 4GB issue, which I did a quick fix on.

The next version of nsisbi should be out with this feature a few weeks after the next official nsis release (3.06), which I believe is about 2 months away at this stage.

• Thanks 2

No worries. I actually found this thread about two months ago, so I thought 'how hard can it be?'. So yeah, I have a working prototype already, I am just waiting for official nsis to release first. There have been a few big changes under the hood since 3.03, the main one is the external file mode command has changed and a new mode has been added, plus a stable lz4 codec has been added. Plus I've changed crc checking so that everything is done 'on the fly' now (even for 'all in one' installers), that should speed things up for the first start of the installer :) .

@JasonFriday13 Thank you for all you have done for us. We would be very pleased if you could completely resolve the limitation of single file this month. Thank you for your help.

@JasonFriday13

We are looking forward to your release of the latest version as soon as possible. We will not be bothered by the limitation of 2 gb per file.

• 2 months later...

You need to run source/tools/dist/build.sh on Linux, then you can use nsisbi on Windows (instead of makensis on Linux) to create a Windows installer.

What do you not understand? Can you stop pinging people all the time? Can you formulate questions instead of harassing us?

On 3/26/2020 at 5:46 PM, gameboy said:

@Itms I tested this version of NSIS you gave, but this problem appeared: SetOutPath: "$ INSTDIR \ binaries \ data \ mods \ public"
File: "public.zip" [compress] Error: add_db_data () called with length = -1
Error in script "E: \ trunk \ source \ tools \ dist \ 0ad.nsi" on line 127-aborting creation process

BTW: The size of public.zip is 2.24GB

@Itms   nsi script needs an update。 I use nsisbi on windows, but this problem occurs.

Edited by gameboy

On 9/4/2020 at 12:03 PM, gameboy said:

@Stan` 

I found 0 ad.nsi Missing. DLL file in. When I use NSIS to make the installation package and run the game, an error appears: "unable to continue code execution because mozjs45-ps-release-vc140. DLL" cannot be found. Re installing the program may solve this problem. "

@Itms It's the problem. Sorry, the problem above has been fixed.

This DLL file is not included in the installation package, so run the installed game and prompt that the file is missing and the game crashes.

Because the DLL file is not included in the script.

Edited by gameboy