mayurian rush i invented:the "pacifist ele rush"(title work in progress)

vinme

the basic premise is you use the most tanky unit based on cost/tankieness the mayurian worker ele that have 300 health 5 hack (thats already insane) and 8 pierce and all of this for only 150 food.so @#$%ing op. bacically you cant do this in low numbers as if enemy can micro to target your ranged units before your meatshields it wont work you need autoatack to be targeting your ele.prob best to use at something like 30 archers min + some ele.cav can be used too ofcourse

i mean idk how you are supposed to mass them probably get alot of food and get them in in one go maybe 10 at once or something altho maybe only good as support and not as a sole meatshield.

or similar to skiritai just use for building but you dont need too many of them as they are so op.

lets compare them to pikemen for comparing.ill be using res cost base of 100. pikemen "hitpoints" which is total damage absorption potential is: 100*100/35=285.7 

for ele its 300*100/43/1.5=465

so like 65% more hitpoints or something like that.

ofc they are much slower and lack the attack but more extreme the difference in capacity between unit types better the results.

lets say get 30 archers and then mass like 7ele in one batch so you should rly overdo food and go in.

problems could be enemy selecting like 6 ranged at a time and then shiftclicking a row of ur archers then selecting 6 other units and repeating.or sending mele directly into your archers.but these are things you can have problems with any other build altho lower the amount of meatshields(easier to get to ranged inf as nothing physically blocking the way) and slower they are and if they dont atack or pin enemy units so can be ignored and walked through more problems there are.

if anyone tries this tell me how it goes.i think its a pretty stupid idea but idk maybe with ele just being support meatshields with some spears and archers+cav this can work somehow..

if you wanna see more op stuff like this itll only happen if im happy.one of the ways to make me happy is to give me some money. to clarify i do not request payment or a trade.

heres my monero: 471oEfj69SvUp19dV7N7vAJu4eaR8yd8267ubduq7dcQYPygQoq2dm5Us5eLbQrsjiWH2RhbsrQKHaQaG1L4QoNGQA7KRw7

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, vinme said:

i mean i provided a lot of value and concepts to think about

Just dance, it's the same idea except u don't waste resources making eles. Both exploit the nearest enemy targetting, the difference is the other one exploits the projectile dynamics as well

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

ofcourse they arent useful alone... who cares what damage they deal like pikes deal 2 dmg per sec like women.you think it makes much of a difference if you had pikes not dealing damage at all? like 30 pikes in your army and suddenly they deal 0 dps. ok now you just dealing 60 less dmg how tragic -_- thats like 5 javelins.the fact that you find your statement coherent is pathetic in in of itself.idk why im even replying to thoes kinds of comments tbh.wtf is wrong with me is interesting too..ok im gonna start ignoring anything beyode a certain level of stupidity from now on.

@badosu

how is that the same? every single mele unit exploits the nearest enemy targeting based on how you put it.thats obviously wrong tho as nearest enemy targeting cant be an exploit as NET is an in game mechanic,a core concept that game is based on.without it the mele units would become largely useless.

since my strat doesnt involve anything out of the ordinary for example compared to a standard infantry rush that means that this strat isnt exploiting anything except perhaps the ingame unit stat balance.

an actual NET exploit would perhaps be for example when a player identifies the unit or units being targeted by the enemy men and makes them run around while enemy is being attacked by the rest of the men.

or any other kind of "luring" but it is easily counterable with some micro so hard to call something thats EASILY COUNTERABLE AND DOESNT RUIN THE INGAME MECHANICS an exploit therefore the NET exploit doesnt even exist.and no dancing isnt a NET exploit and neither is it a NET and PD exploit.it is purely a PD exploit.

to make reality somewhat easier to understand for those of you who dont see the bigger picture: nothing is cheating or not cheating in in of itself.its all about the game being balanced.anything that is slightly to moderately unbalanced most people would agree impacts the game negatively.like some civs being more op than others.but anything that is unbalanced or WRONG to a point of it literally breaking the game could be called cheating.

generally you could say a group of players agreement on things defines cheating and its commonly accepted standards.there can be many groups and none of their ideas are absolute but at this point im going too far into "is the chair im sitting on even real" territory and we already intuitively understand how definitions and attributes on some concept that we have created work.

im sure you understand the :"unbalanced" part which implies literal competitive advantage derived form the said action.WRONG part is different.the wrong part can be many things that ruin the game like imagine if you could press some key and then every time you pressed spacebar youd get 10 random res.thats "wrong" as it ruins the game now 0ad becomes a clicker   as now a persons capacity to click becomes an extremely significant factor in them winning. it ruins the game as it changes the game significantly in a a manner that ruins the games core mechanics that we have found enjoyable.

of course somebody might say "well i like clickers" so for them the game didnt break because of this and they can go ahead and play like that but in case of dancing the bacic core mechanic of "stronger army wins" gets thrown out of the window along with probably plenty of other mechanics that i cant recall rn.

there are literally no similarities between this rush and dancing

and while my strat can make the game unbalanced i dont think it will as there are many drawbacks to it that ive mentioned in my original post like ele being extremely slow,difficulty in massing them.well thats about it i guess.altho maybe even the fact that using ele as meatshields causes less unit amount/total hitpoints  ratio so harder to use as shields as there are less of them for the same (ranged inf or other high dmg low health unit/meatshield) balance.

i think eventually ele should get nerfed tho.

yes i know you didnt mean it seriously.but this post altho taking me 10 min to write and make coherent will be useful to quote for me and anyone else for the "unit balance issues" if they ever come up elsewhere

want me to write some more? donate below

heres my monero: 471oEfj69SvUp19dV7N7vAJu4eaR8yd8267ubduq7dcQYPygQoq2dm5Us5eLbQrsjiWH2RhbsrQKHaQaG1L4QoNGQA7KRw7