===[TASK]=== Improve hero portraits

Lion.Kanzen

And its done, that's all the Han heroes are done for now. It's been fun trying to learn to draw their scale armors. I'll work on them again when later theres helmets for them, but right now I just want to rest because of my afromentioned condition. So, sorry @Lion.Kanzen since I have to pass on that helmet for now. Even without it, I just never had real passion for anything Roman related, so I'd probably wont be prioritizing it anyway. I'll look into other ways I can contribute, just not without that much urgency these days.

Wen Qing_bw.png

Wen Qing.png

Edited by kul
artifacts in the drawing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kul said:

And its done, that's all the Han heroes are done for now. It's been fun trying to learn to draw their scale armors. I'll work on them again when later theres helmets for them, but right now I just want to rest because of my afromentioned condition. So, sorry @Lion.Kanzen since I have to pass on that helmet for now. Even without it, I just never had real passion for anything Roman related, so I'd probably wont be prioritizing it anyway. I'll look into other ways I can contribute, just not without that much urgency these days.

Wen Qing_bw.png

Wen Qing.png

I'm going to try it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Honestly, I always thought the "Diaspora" tech was kind of a silly name for it. "Social Contract" or something like that seems more apropos. 

Principes du droit politique), a 1762 book by Jean-Jacques Rousseau that discussed this concept. Although the antecedents of social contract theory are found in antiquity, in Greek and Stoic philosophy and Roman and Canon Law, the heyday of the social contract was the mid-17th to early 19th centuries, when it emerged as the leading doctrine of political legitimacy.

The name sounds very advanced. 18th Century 

Legal code.

Legal pact.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Honestly, I always thought the "Diaspora" tech was kind of a silly name for it. "Social Contract" or something like that seems more apropos. 

For Cartography maybe sth like the current Diaspora icon (without those arrows); you know, sth looking like a map. Although seeing in real time what your ally sees makes me think of attachés or emissaries.

For me Diaspora hints at something external, while Social Contract to me sounds like sth internal; just like Principes du droit politique. Maybe sth in the direction of Economic Agreement?

14 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

For Cartography maybe sth like the current Diaspora icon (without those arrows); you know, sth looking like a map. Although seeing in real time what your ally sees makes me think of attachés or emissaries.

For me Diaspora hints at something external, while Social Contract to me sounds like sth internal; just like Principes du droit politique. Maybe sth in the direction of Economic Agreement?

I was thinking the same thing that it must look like a map.

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Will the other factions have their own folders for the portraits? The Han is currently the only one with this convention: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/portraits/units

Edited by Carltonus

8 hours ago, Carltonus said:

Will the other factions have their own folders for the portraits? The Han is currently the only one with this convention: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/portraits/units

All civs will eventually have their own folder. It's going to be one of my little projects to accomplish that. Should be easier than my project to give all unit textures their own folder. That was a massive undertaking, lemme tell ya. Yes, portraits will be easier.

18 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

Like a dove? ;P

Right, but then name it "Emissaries" instead of "Cartography." :P 

Cartography = maps

Emissaries = Dove, etc.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...