===[TASK]=== Improve hero portraits

Lion.Kanzen

I just read that for A26 release the feature freeze is at March 6, so does that mean that for Cleopatra pic to get into the game, I need to submit it before that time? I'm still working on it, but I havent had much luck drawing that golden texture crown plus other real life endeavours.

And with the new Han faction, I also had ambitions to draw them too, but we'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, kul said:

I just read that for A26 release the feature freeze is at March 6, so does that mean that for Cleopatra pic to get into the game, I need to submit it before that time? I'm still working on it, but I havent had much luck drawing that golden texture crown plus other real life endeavours.

And with the new Han faction, I also had ambitions to draw them too, but we'll see what happens.

Ideally yes. But if you can't it's fine take your time :)

I hope these cover all the potrait needs. I'm punching above my skill level while working on this so its been a great practice and pardon if theres lil weirdness here and there. I do always kinda want to make her slightly unconventionally attractive. I hope I can convey that with the slight lower jaw protrusion, the caked make up, and that nose because after watching Mortal Face take on her, I cant shake up to not hint a bit about her inbred family history.

cleopas.png

noisy_background_Cleopas.png

cleopatra2BWW.jpg

Edited by kul
make the nose more straight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kul said:

Can somebody post the screenshot/model of how atleast the current Han Chinese heroes looks in game? If its possible, I want to chip in and help draw atleast one of them, if thats okay with you guys.

We don't have custom face textures for them yet.

image.thumb.png.fdcb44dba09919e1de29012367eee1af.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Nor do we have custom helmets for them either, but we may at some point in the mid-future.

I see, and from what I gather from previous posts ITT, is that you guys mostly  want them fully helmeted or as close as the finished model, right? How about I'll try making the middle guy on a neutral pose so that when the helmet or final look is updated, I can just add them?

Who were their identities btw? I assume its the same as the on Delenda EST? so Han Xin, Liu Bang, and Wei Qing? Altough I don't know the order in that line up.

5 hours ago, kul said:

I see, and from what I gather from previous posts ITT, is that you guys mostly  want them fully helmeted or as close as the finished model, right? How about I'll try making the middle guy on a neutral pose so that when the helmet or final look is updated, I can just add them?

Who were their identities btw? I assume its the same as the on Delenda EST? so Han Xin, Liu Bang, and Wei Qing? Altough I don't know the order in that line up.

Yes, we can always update the art later to be better or more accurate. :)

The screenshot they are standing in alphabetical order. (y)

How's this? I think there's little details here and there that can keep be pushed on, but since later models would strive to give the chinese heroes helmet, I think I can refine it for that time. Since I got some time, let's see if I can squeeze one more.

han xin.png

han xin_logo.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kul said:

han xin_logo.png

The background could be lighter, or changed to the shades of yellow to complement the purple cloak. If it should remain the same, a bit more lighting is enough.

Please take your time to produce the Han-dynasty hero portraits even after the sixth, minor issues such as this could be done before the Commit Freeze in my opinion. That way, everyone will not be bothered with portraits of cropped image models as one of those bad starts for the new faction.

Edited by Carltonus

2 hours ago, Carltonus said:

The background could be lighter, or changed to the shades of yellow to complement the purple cloak. If it should remain the same, a bit more lighting is enough.

We try to use the same background for all the heroes for consistency.

2 hours ago, Carltonus said:

Please take your time to produce the Han-dynasty hero portraits even after the sixth, minor issues such as this could be done before the Commit Freeze in my opinion.

Maybe in feature freeze but definitely not in commit freeze.

Well, Stan already said what I observed from past pages, so for now thats how that hero looks. Thanks for the hope that you put in me though, @Carltonus, I'll keep reworking them as you guys may add helmet or unique face (which these faces may help) in the future.

Heres the sketch for the last two. For the middle guy, which I believe maybe Liu Bang, I had alternate look for the armors, which do you guys thinks suit the model/style better?. I'm impartial to the flapped collar one since that flapped collar + future helmet looks more regal, and I used that Last Supper movie for inspiration.
I just give Wei Qing a more typical face to make a stark between the other two.

Wen Qing.jpg

liu bang_sketc1.jpg

liu bang_sketc.jpg

Edited by kul
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kul said:

Well, Stan already said what I observed from past pages, so for now thats how that hero looks. Thanks for the hope that you put in me though, @Carltonus, I'll keep reworking them as you guys may add helmet or unique face (which these faces may help) in the future.

Heres the sketch for the last two. For the middle guy, which I believe maybe Liu Bang, I had alternate look for the armors, which do you guys thinks suit the model/style better?. I'm impartial to the flapped collar one since that flapped collar + future helmet looks more regal, and I used that Last Supper movie for inspiration.
I just give Wei Qing a more typical face to make a stark between the other two.

Wen Qing.jpg

liu bang_sketc1.jpg

liu bang_sketc.jpg

These look great! Can't wait to include the finished portraits. The Han will look nice and polished.

34 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Uno mas!

Oh dont worry, friends, I'm working on it, just a little delay since we unfortunately got a virus in the house and I had to relocate somewhere. Wish me and my family's good luck. I'll just make this one simple to keep up with the rest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1