0 A.D. Social Media Accounts (We need you!)

Sundiata

Generally i was also thinking, why not have someone who has experience about promotion/PR "influencing" etc. join wildfiregames so he can act with "legitimation" and implement some sort of strategy ? I get that wildfiregames is mostly about programmers, game developing etc, but i dont see why wildfiregames can not have its own publishing department.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lopess said:

Estoy dispuesto, también puedo ayudar con ayudas para hablantes de portugués.

I would have to change the name to 0 AD Latam

1 hour ago, Lopess said:

Estoy dispuesto, también puedo ayudar con ayudas para hablantes de portugués.

They asked me about your mod

I have been playing 0AD for a years, and I am at a point now in my life where I would like to get more involved, possibly from a development perspective. I liked the FB page, if you are interested you could also create an account on my social media network Sapadian.com which is free, anonymous, and has zero invasive tracking.

Overall I think the social media presence for 0AD is really good, and I will keep spreading the word about Alpha 24 and the game in general.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BenM said:

I have been playing 0AD for a years, and I am at a point now in my life where I would like to get more involved, possibly from a development perspective. I liked the FB page, if you are interested you could also create an account on my social media network Sapadian.com which is free, anonymous, and has zero invasive tracking.

Overall I think the social media presence for 0AD is really good, and I will keep spreading the word about Alpha 24 and the game in general.

How would you like to get involved?

• 2 weeks later...

@Robin Li With your help we could have access to the Chinese audience.

ngcb1

I imagine they must have all kinds of platforms in China For obvious reasons, we (the people of the West) cannot access to the these sites.

there are others that we do have access to. but they are in chinese.

For example.

https://youku.com/

https://m.iqiyi.com/

What do you think @Stan` ?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@Robin Li With your help we could have access to the Chinese audience.

ngcb1

I imagine they must have all kinds of platforms in China For obvious reasons, we (the people of the West) cannot access to the these sites.

there are others that we do have access to. but they are in chinese.

For example.

https://youku.com/

https://m.iqiyi.com/

I don't have an account on those websites but I will try to register an account there. Youku is slightly older (aimed to replace Youtube) and Iqiyi is mainly for watching movies and drama (like Netflix). I am impressed that you are aware of these sites! However I prefer BiliBili to these as these contain huge amounts of ADs and are money driven unlike Bilibili which has more healty content, no ads before videos and less profit-driven. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Robin Li said:

I don't have an account on those websites but I will try to register an account there. Youku is slightly older (aimed to replace Youtube) and Iqiyi is mainly for watching movies and drama (like Netflix). I am impressed that you are aware of these sites! However I prefer BiliBili to these as these contain huge amounts of ADs and are money driven unlike Bilibili which has more healty content, no ads before videos and less profit-driven. 

What other social network does you have there, something like FB?

I have WeChat (but that is more personal), 

WeSee (post videos up to 30seconds), popularised by Tencent.

I can always register on other platforms. I don't use many Chinese social media accounts because I live in the UK right now and I rarely go to China. However, I am still capable of typing Chinese and registering an account on any new social media platform should be relatively straightforward with my ID card. 

• Like 1

To be honest China's social media right now is dominated by WeChat and Dingding, because they are overpowered and almost everyone use them. Both are used even in professional scenarios. Wechat = instagram + messager + facebook + Skype + paypal + News + barcode scanner + ... 

Dingding >= MS Teams

1 hour ago, Robin Li said:

To be honest China's social media right now is dominated by WeChat and Dingding, because they are overpowered and almost everyone use them. Both are used even in professional scenarios. Wechat = instagram + messager + facebook + Skype + paypal + News + barcode scanner + ... 

Dingding >= MS Teams

Yes I watch shows from people who live in China in my own language.

They use WeChat for almost everything.

I am learning from the culture that has become dominant on the planet during this decade.

18 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yes I watch shows from people who live in China in my own language.

Nice, I learnt quite a lot of spoken Chinese that way. Do you think we could make an advertising trailer for 0AD (aimed to impress) instead of a summary of new features like our current release trailers?

I think I can edit the A23 and A24 release trailers a bit to make it look attractive to people who never played. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Nice, I learnt quite a lot of spoken Chinese that way. Do you think we could make an advertising trailer for 0AD (aimed to impress) instead of a summary of new features like our current release trailers?

I think I can edit the A23 and A24 release trailers a bit to make it look attractive to people who never played. 

the long-term idea is to attract volunteers.

You must first ask permission from the team and the community. 

but if it is possible to make a trailer and the objectives of the project.