Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

On 30/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, mysticjim said:

Never reported anyone or any odd instances on 0AD, but just had something very odd happen, and I suspect foul play, although not sure if it can be proved or a rational alternative explanation found.

Hello there... I am not sure if it's possible for the host to selectively start ignoring your commands without causing an OOS error. But the part where you describe not being able to type any text in the chat window suggests that it was a bug in your instance of the game.

I don't know the internals much and I've never encountered this myself, but we'll know that it's not something new when it happens to someone else. One question: Aren't you by any chance playing on Mac OS? There have been some problems with that version of the game. It might help to restart the game before matches, I think that works for some people.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys.  Recently I'm playing all the time 1vs1 ranked games. During this time I passed through multiple games ending by leaving (not resigning) by my opponents. I was thinking what can be do

False. You was asking me to resign when I was with my base full in army... You cannot defeat me so you start  to put excuses... 

@user1

Posted Images

On 04/01/2021 at 8:26 AM, Boudica said:

Hello there... I am not sure if it's possible for the host to selectively start ignoring your commands without causing an OOS error. But the part where you describe not being able to type any text in the chat window suggests that it was a bug in your instance of the game.

I don't know the internals much and I've never encountered this myself, but we'll know that it's not something new when it happens to someone else. One question: Aren't you by any chance playing on Mac OS? There have been some problems with that version of the game. It might help to restart the game before matches, I think that works for some people.

Hi @Boudica- I genuinely have no idea, not encountered it before or since. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it was a localised problem, and no - I totally don't use a Mac, I'm a poor Windows PC person! :) I wouldn't even have raised it but for the precise times it happened - it coincided exactly with a raid on my CC and attack I initiated, and finished with almost co-ordinated precision! I guess I may never find out, and you're absolutely right - if someone had developed a way to do this, presumably at least one other person would have reported it? Ah well, unless that happens I guess it must remain a mystery :)