Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

gator303

1 hour ago, stormwalk said:

Hello! I (stormwalk) played a rated game which Raffut1969 hosted, and he ended it without resigning when I was winning, please see the attachment

commands.txt 729 kB · 0 downloads metadata.json 87 kB · 0 downloads

I spectated this game, stormwalk definitely won this fair and square - he should get the points he deserves

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2021 at 1:05 AM, Alar1k said:

I spectated this game, stormwalk definitely won this fair and square - he should get the points he deserves

Raffut1969 is ultra nub. He's that high in ranking only because he's leaving always when he's losing/is at lost position.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want only ask. I saw as observer a game who she leaves from minute 26:30 about 2 minutes the game, sayed me later it was a DDOS attack.
in replay of course i could see that from minute 26:30 to about 28 she is not moving.
whats typical for DDOS? Are the DOS'ed player leve the room temporarily?

Edited by seeh

• 3 weeks later...

i saw player play vs himself. two games. other player does nearly nothing. nobody cold play so bad. i asked him. yes he played vs himself he answers. that was the most stupid game i ever saw of course. maybe more idle time then play time. and never used batch. it was rated. yes. i bet his rating will never fall under 1800

i am looking for ideas for a simple beginner protection system.

Ideas:

first rated game must be a win. if not its not counted. in the first 9 rated games you only can loose versus player with a rating lower then 1111. you could only play 1 rated game per hour. or loose one 1 game per week the first 9 weeks. or a mix of all this. what you think about? any ideas?

probably a mode could not help with this. not a good solution. or?

all files below are anonym. https://youtu.be/WnzeFhpd_RkScreenshot_20210419_173101.jpg

Screenshot_20210419_174112.jpg

commands.txt metadata.json

Screenshot_20210419_173457.jpg

Edited by seeh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i report 'violation of the Terms of Use' :

opponent name: Trashy(1541)

called me 1) a**** (and BTW without reason) 2) "u are 600 level"

about 2) second is maybe a his opinion and maybe sometimes right, but it shows maybe his motivation/reason for 1).

image.png

Off-Topic:

image.png.56aa0478e86368fd410a78221ee99f1f.png

Edited by seeh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My lobby name is Rarius_II. I have won several games recently but my ratings didn't get changed.

In those last few games, the opponents were there, right through the game and they resigned properly I believe. Also they were rated games.

So is there a problem with the rating system? Or the has it got anything to do with the Game type? 

I had some bad experiences earlier where some guys exit without resigning.

Thanks,

Rarius_II

10 minutes ago, Rarius said:

Hi guys,

My lobby name is Rarius_II. I have won several games recently but my ratings didn't get changed.

In those last few games, the opponents were there, right through the game and they resigned properly I believe. Also they were rated games.

So is there a problem with the rating system? Or the has it got anything to do with the Game type? 

I had some bad experiences earlier where some guys exit without resigning.

Thanks,

Rarius_II

Hi,

There have been issue in a25, please redownload a25b

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I think you are referring to the latest stable version right?

In Ubuntu does it shown as '0.0.25b-alpha' 'latest/stable'?

Currently I am having the '0.0.25b-alpha' 'latest/candidate' version.

If these are not the versions please send the a link on how to download the proper version.

Thanks in advance,

Rarius

15 minutes ago, Rarius said:
Hi,

I think you are referring to the latest stable version right?

In Ubuntu does it shown as '0.0.25b-alpha' 'latest/stable'?

Currently I am having the '0.0.25b-alpha' 'latest/candidate' version.

If these are not the versions please send the a link on how to download the proper version.

Thanks in advance,

Rarius

Yes it should be the correct one. Make sure both 0ad and 0ad-data are using that version.

• Thanks 1

Yes it should be the correct one. Make sure both 0ad and 0ad-data are using that version.

Thanks Stan.

I installed '0.0.25b-alpha' 'latest/stable' from Ubuntu Softwares. But now when I log into lobby I can't see rating for anyone including mine. I am not sure what you are meant by 0ad-data, because when installing from Ubuntu softwares there is only one button to install it :D

Is this bug (ratings not shown for anyone) a temporary bug?

Or should I follow the link below to install 0AD instead of using the Ubuntu Software app?

https://play0ad.com/download/linux/

Btw, is there a visible difference between a25 and a25b? Does 'Auto queue' feature exists in a25b?

Thanks,

Rarius

@Rarius As far as I know Ubuntu doesn't have A25b (It's stuck at A23), only the PPAS and snaps do.

9 minutes ago, Rarius said:

I am not sure what you are meant by 0ad-data, because when installing from Ubuntu softwares there is only one button to install it :D

Had to make sure since some people use Synaptics which allows for this kind of problem.

10 minutes ago, Rarius said:

Is this bug (ratings not shown for anyone) a temporary bug?

Ah yes Ratings got kicked...

The only visible difference is the build number

in the main menu.

For A25 it's 25848 and for A25b 25860

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Gutterer as Observer vs WavaABook. Book hast much more then the double pop.

Gutterer always stopped game and resigned in again. bout 10 times or so. later he got problem with other players. AlocAcoc want report but did not. Maybe he will do later.

I am not sure if i do correct. But i feel its correct to warn you from him. If you think its not my job to do this (i not played). delete my posting. no prob.

image.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, seeh said:

I saw Gutterer as Observer vs WavaABook. Book hast much more then the double pop.

Gutterer always stopped game and resigned in again. bout 10 times or so. later he got problem with other players. AlocAcoc want report but did not. Maybe he will do later.

I am not sure if i do correct. But i feel its correct to warn you from him. If you think its not my job to do this (i not played). delete my posting. no prob.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a connectivity problem. However rating disputes will be needed to be judged by somebody else.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The whole "exit without resigning" schtick makes little sense to me. In the end, it just inflates your rating and causes you to end up in games with players who are much better than you. It makes far more sense to take some losses, lose some rating points, and then find people closer to your skill level who you can beat.

Edited by thephilosopher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thephilosopher said:

The whole "exit without resigning" schtick makes little sense to me. In the end, it just inflates your rating and causes you to end up in games with players who are much better than you. It makes far more sense to take some losses, lose some rating points, and then find people closer to your skill level who you can beat.

Not only you will attract different players, but even when you win lose the system corrects itself. If you have inflated your rating by 100 points, then after a defeat you lose more points than you normally would.  If you beat an equally skilled player and your rating is inflated by 100 points, then you gain less points. The rating system is not one with a long memory and the only way to hold on to the inflated rating, is to do more cheating.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 4:51 PM, nothing22595 said:

Basiliskos closed the game as a host after not surrendering for an hour had one hero left and kept running all over the map.

i am nothing22595

here is the link, cant attach here 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11uGdtwQGEEoTkTQzCTzgOM1PTi1Au6Wz/view?usp=sharing

commands - 2021-11-03T103600.010.txt 981 kB · 5 downloads

nothing22595 always swear(if that is the right word for using bad words) at players, he is not civil in game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 12:01 PM, leopard said:

nothing22595 always swear(if that is the right word for using bad words) at players, he is not civil in game. 

Yes. This is the reason why so many people exit without resigning when he's winning a game. If he'd knock it off, he'd have far fewer rating disputes to report.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...