Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

gator303

Hi @ironbar,

you would need to provide replays of these matches, else moderators do not have the proof that happen.

Look here where you can find replays https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths.

To answer the question, it is mainly because games are not hosted by wildfire games servers, only multiplayer lobby. That means during the match all network transition is only among players and observers in that match. So bot taking care about rating does not know someone wins, looses until game is won and result send to servers.

Bigger problem connected with this is that there is no way currently to punish if host of the game leaves without resigning as he is the one sending results to the servers. If he exists (without resign), closes application, kills process, shutdowns computer, disconnects from internet on purpose, there is no way how to send that results to servers.

Have a nice day and enjoy the game :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ironbar

Hello. I understand you have several reports to make about ratings match disputes.

Please, we must receive the replays of the incidents.

I'm going to link you to the official thread for reporting this type of incident. Refer to the instructions on the following page and make your incident report there.

There are solutions utilizing the current system. It offers theoretical ways to work around, but nothing practical. Not all of them involve dedicated hosting.

> Bigger problem connected with this is that there is no way currently to punish if host of the game leaves without resigning as he is the one sending results to the servers. If he exists (without resign), closes application, kills process, shutdowns computer, disconnects from internet on purpose, there is no way how to send that results to servers.

Both players report to Echelon in the current system.There are plenty of ways to punish the host.

Edited by smiley
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, @#$% said:

Hi,

@user1 and @Hannibal_Barca

Today I was playing against Mativen1983 and just before I finished him off, He left the game. I dont know if he did it on purpose as i didnt explicitly tell him it was a rated game (I dont know if users normally do that?) but it would be nice to get the points...

Here is the proof

commands.txt

He always quits the game and nothing ever happens kkk nor tries to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 2:03 AM, TheNewSound said:

@user1 @Hannibal_Barca

Reporting Basiliskos

He was hosting a 1v1 rated game, and as soon as I owned him, he stopped the game (so ratings arent applied)

Looking at this thread, this is not his first offence. Please compensate the rank or permanently ban his IP/account

commands.txt 428.7 kB · 10 downloads metadata.json 59.83 kB · 8 downloads

wtf? u say u have two accounts... its not fair so i quite

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2018 at 00:24, aeonios said:

Ils ne sont pas assez bons. Je suis allé jouer mon premier match évalué aujourd'hui, m'attendant à jouer contre un adversaire plus ou moins même qualifié, et j'ai plutôt obtenu un jeu qui était complètement truqué en sa faveur. Il a mis les ressources de départ à très bas dans la steppe butana, puis m'a précipité à plusieurs reprises (ce que j'ai en fait combattu sans trop de problèmes) après que ma construction a été gâchée par le manque total de ressources de départ attendues. À chaque étape du jeu, j'étais en retard dans la population ou dans les ressources, ou les deux, et même si à la fin du jeu, je réussissais à le dépasser régulièrement dans la population, ma famine de ressources était évidente car je ne pouvais pas combattre son béliers et attaques répétées et également incapable de réapprovisionner ma pop efficacement. Il avait des améliorations que je ne pouvais pas me permettre, et si ça avait été juste, je '

Pourquoi ce genre de merde est-il même permis? Les jeux doivent être gagnés sur l'habileté, et non par de sales tours que les gens inventent pour piéger les joueurs sans méfiance dans une situation défavorable sur laquelle ils ne comptaient pas au début du jeu.

IMO tous les jeux notés doivent être verrouillés avec de faibles ressources de départ et 300 pop. Il y a certainement d'autres problèmes avec les jeux classés, mais celui-ci est facile à résoudre et très, très stupide car il permet non seulement mais encourage peut-être même les joueurs sans scrupules à adopter un comportement antisportif. C'est vraiment énervant, c'est le moins qu'on puisse dire.

aussi, la rediffusion, juste parce que:

commands.txt 418,69 kB · 61 téléchargements

contre

mais pourquoi pas une ré lecture imposé par le jeu au moment de press ready

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, Elinvention said:

@user1

I am SuperTux95 and want to report Mativen1983. I practically defeated him (no units and structures left on land, just a ship...), I asked kindly to resign because the game continued too long and I had to go to dinner. He refused, so I went AFK. When I returned, I saw he left the game a few minutes after and then I defeated his last ship and finally won.

I personally put him on my blacklist and don't want to play with him ever again, also because of his INSANE defensive tactic to prolong the game uselessly.

Here is the replay:

commands.txt 1.3 MB · 2 downloads

False. You was asking me to resign when I was with my base full in army... You cannot defeat me so you start  to put excuses... 

• Haha 1

Mative1983 insulted me and my inteligence many times during a game. Then I lost connection and when I was coming back he was saying s/he was going to report me.

I don't know how forum works because I never had any problem. What should I do?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 2:48 AM, ishaan777 said:

Hi @user1

I played against andremf, and at some point during the game when I was winning I see him as gone offline, he didn't resign and I got no points for the game. 

Please let me know if you need anything else. Would like the points as I managed to get them against a high rated player. 

my lobby username: ishaan777

played against : andremf

commands.txt 608.2 kB · 2 downloads

@user1 Thank you. I got the update that my file has been verified but didn't receive any points in my lobby score. Do I have to wait longer?

Edited by ishaan777