Ratings Disputes and Offence Reporting (Discussion)

gator303

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since you have proof as to who the quitter/s are can you tell the name in your post so as to warn others who can’t or wouldn’t care to view the rar /zip?

I hope the mods or devs won’t go too far banning them. Maybe these guys need help to learn to become better but just have a bit of attitude. I don’t care about rating nor becoming OP and I’m willing to play this quitters all over again even losing points or not gaining at all just so they can enjoy the game however they behave. I’m not emphasizing tolerance on bad player behavior but I don’t want players to quit 0ad just for little nonsense.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 4:39 PM, (-_-) said:

The most reliable way being to monitor the whole game ofcourse.

I'm not sure but that seems to be more than what is actually necessary.

One thing is to trust people to not leave when there's basically no punishment and they know nothing will happen. Another thing is to expect people not to make fake reports to earn points - that would require too much effort, certainly less people would exploit that than the number of quitters nowadays. No system is 100% safe, the current system is just 100% easy to circumvent.

Let's say - ignoring the possibility of hackers - that the host automatically sends a report of winning after the other player left for some time. In these cases, the server could wait for a confirmation from the other player. If the player is not online (the server knows who is online), he loses, because it indicates that he is gone for good. If the host somehow sent a fake report and both players are actually still playing, he will send a report that contradicts the host's report - in this case nobody gets points. Normally though, the game would be programmed for, after this quitter re-connects, send a report confirming the host's report. Then the points are given accordingly.

I don't think this would become a dystopia where everybody is making fake reports... :D

• 2 weeks later...

cant we ban this guy alrdy plz

• escaped tons of ranked games (mostly unreported because who would bother registering on forum just to report that), including my, pretending to have net issues
  • insulting other players and their mothers

BAN MATIVEN

@nani @Boudica@user1@Stockfish

Edited by thankforpie
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I didn't had time to make account here, so I am here at now already and want to write something.

I am not goin' to report players, because I don't remember which games I won and I don't have time to watch replays..

Just wanna to write about upgrading report system in 0 A.D..

Maybe when player (noob) will end game for not losing points, he will get point to losses, like win system.

BUT, it's too bad for players with network isuess, so, let's make VOTE system for ending game after /accept or /decline command.

OR system with those tricks, like in others games named Host migration.. Someone who is hosting will get disconnected, and 2nd player will get host.

Quitters has no chance to be best with this thing, cuz they will losse anyway... It's hard to write something like this in code, but 0 A.D. is great game and I hope it will be possible to make something like this ;)

I don't know who to tag, but want to see this by admin of 0 A.D. or programmer/creator..

Adding some images from another games to show what I mean, or check youtube for more..

@user1  

Thanks

image.png.8d8881c09f7b1d0b1770216a206b4ee0.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3

I see in the game that I need to report I "rule-breakers". User yann2mars left 2 games within 1 hour today?

How can I report this?

I noticed that when players starting to lose than suddenly their connection is lost. Wasted multiple hours playing for nothing. My rating is keeps falling and I don't seem to be able to gain some point!

• Like 1

Reports properly submitted up to this post have been noted.

@Basshunter for the sake of convenience and security, please upload the unprocessed replay file. ( @JamesWright metadata isn't necessary, only commands.txt )

@JamesWright due to a format error the integrity of the game vs. player "zezo" could not be fully verified. The report against the given player was not filed, our apologies for any injustice or inconvenience caused.

Edited by Hannibal_Barca