Stella Artis Mod - A OSS Fast RTS

Stan`

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Why would it be better to have a text document in another place? I guess you can do all that in an orderly fashion in issues, or here ?

Because ideas can be consolidated and organized. For example, imagine if all the civ names that were suggested in this thread were in a single list, and you could could strikethrough all the ones that won't be considered, and eventually delete them. And people could simply add more names to the list until final decisions are made.

On that document, if you highlight some text, you can create a comment thread, so you can essentially have threads for specific items that require discussion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

Because ideas can be consolidated and organized. For example, imagine if all the civ names that were suggested in this thread were in a single list, and you could could strikethrough all the ones that won't be considered, and eventually delete them. And people could simply add more names to the list until final decisions are made.

On that document, if you highlight some text, you can create a comment thread, so you can essentially have threads for specific items that require discussion.

I've threw some things on to the document to illustrate more clearly. Anyone, feel free to edit ;)

• Like 2

Awesome stuff!! It's great to see all ideas and contributions coming together! ^^ 

Thanks for creating it, Andy and great spirit of initiative! :) I'm going to read the proposals and come back if I have feedbacks

I encourage anyone who is interested in making this mod to take a look too, so more ideas can be welcomed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, feedback: to be really honest I tried to write some backstory for the mod just a few posts ago, that sparked a bit of discussion and ideas very recently. I thought you could have picked from there, since is the most "fresh" development. Anyway any story/idea is good. We just have to pick one and stick with it. Otherwise we risk to not move forward ;)

Anyway I gotta say that the document manages to keep everything more tidy and organized! Especially the selection of names and the building list. It helps to have everything there at first glance 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Okay, feedback: to be really honest I tried to write some backstory for the mod just a few posts ago, that sparked a bit of discussion and ideas very recently. I thought you could have picked from there, since is the most "fresh" development. Anyway any story/idea is good. We just have to pick one and stick with it. Otherwise we risk to not move forward ;)

Anyway I gotta say that the document manages to keep everything more tidy and organized! Especially the selection of names and the building list. It helps to have everything there at first glance 

Let's do a back story open another entry.

Well, the story itself is not a big deal. Everything could work :) It's just to reach some clarity because if everyone think something different then is very difficult to develop something. And having yet another version adds confusion. Just that. But anything is good for me.

Anyway we can follow along with Andy document and try to shape the rest of buildings/units which are also important as a guideline for the project 

4 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Well, the story itself is not a big deal. Everything could work :) It's just to reach some clarity because if everyone think something different then is very difficult to develop something. And having yet another version adds confusion. Just that. But anything is good for me.

Anyway we can follow along with Andy document and try to shape the rest of buildings/units which are also important as a guideline for the project 

I do like to imagine.

I made a detailed backstory entry.

https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/xY3TpiU8guDdMAS5DzAJgupz/

• Like 2

Humans will have 4 styles of play depending on the concept called the "wisdom of the ancients".

The Styles are:

United Nation: Europe and Latin America.

African Union.

Euroasian style

North-American style (Five eyes).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Each style will have unique units.

4 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Aaaah gotcha!! good one! :) Yeah, I'm curious to see also your ideas! 

Now it's a bit too late, but tomorrow and next days I'll contribute with these documents as well that we can use as blueprint for the mod 

I must write them in Spanish but I already have the prologue.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

Spoiler

the dream of a united humanity begins with the ideas of globalization after the Napoleonic wars.

The wealthy defender of the British Empire Cecil Rhodes, who founded the De Beers Group, in connection with and with the support of financiers of the British Empire, gave rise to the diamond industry (and today to blood diamonds). Rhodes gave his name to entire countries: Northern and Southern Rhodesia (today Zambia and Zimbabwe). Rhodes (1853-1902) had the project to build a whole railway and communication network in Africa to protect the British Empire. It should be noted that Rhodes' ideas were imperialist, as they usually are among the highest echelons of society, considering that the Anglo-Saxon cultureshould rule the world and unite to consolidate this regime. This would be "the basis, the foundation that will allow the birth of a World State animated by the principles and philosophy of the Anglo-Saxon commercial aristocracy" that would lead to "the birth of a World Commercial State".

I love history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Rhodes

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

6 hours ago, Radiotraining said:

Okay, feedback: to be really honest I tried to write some backstory for the mod just a few posts ago, that sparked a bit of discussion and ideas very recently. I thought you could have picked from there, since is the most "fresh" development.

Feel free to add it to the doc under the backstory section. My intention wasn't to add everything already mentioned in this thread, but just throw something up quick and dirty-like to provide some vague idea of what I had in mind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andy5995 said:

Feel free to add it to the doc under the backstory section. My intention wasn't to add everything already mentioned in this thread, but just throw something up quick and dirty-like to provide some vague idea of what I had in mind.

Sounds good! :) Is not a problem really! It was just to understand where to start from. But as I said, anything can do! 

I appreciate the initiative because it keeps everything more clear and organized. 

2 hours ago, maroder said:

I would like to help out more, cause I like the idea of a space themed mod, but since I have never played Star Craft it's hard to suggest something close to it :D

Well all the stats are on the internet, a lot of the buildings are in the pureref file :) You can also watch a game on the internet :)  I doesn't have to be Startcraft, but it has to play similarly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maroder said:

would like to help out more, cause I like the idea of a space themed mod, but since I have never played Star Craft it's hard to suggest something close to it

yeah, as Stan has said it's pretty straightforward. "Starcraft" is just a general reference, but since it's all work of imagination, anything can be useful to create a believable "universe" of aliens and humans.

What is needed right now is probably inspirations, references and materials that can be used to create new concepts and models.

The core elements of Starcraft are very simple: less economic management and more fast paced action. Three asymmetrical races perfectly balanced together: Terrans, Zerg (insect-like organic aliens) and Protoss (highly developed aliens)

Here you can get an idea : https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_StarCraft_II_units

But any other game can be similarly useful as reference: C&C Tiberian wars, warhammer etc..  

• Like 1