Stella Artis Mod - A OSS Fast RTS

Stan`

2 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

: I like EGO (Earth Global Organization) as an acronym for a terran organization. And also it's kinda existentialist at the same time. An interesting combination

I prefer something more realistic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Federalist_Movement The StarCraft wiki and liquidpedia.

SC Lore has Orwellian and historical references.

If we use an existing name, it makes us believe that in the future it is related to this movement, which I don't think would be the best point, if it were better, it would be the acronym UN. In that future we could create something like the Human United Nations (encompassing the colonies and new nations created on the moon, mars, ceres and on the satellites of jupiter, saturn.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lopess said:

If we use an existing name, it makes us believe that in the future it is related to this movement, which I don't think would be the best point, if it were better, it would be the acronym UN. In that future we could create something like the Human United Nations (encompassing the colonies and new nations created on the moon, mars, ceres and on the satellites of jupiter, saturn.

The word Earth is replaced by that of the galaxy (?).

Galactic Federalist Union (?)

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

3 minutes ago, Lopess said:

WOW I do like something like HUN as acronym for terrans! :)

It's the UN but launched in the future. And also it has reminescence of "huns", and how they depredated Europe. So it could be quite a cool parallel thrown into space :)

• Like 2

okay, now the difficult part :

@Lion.Kanzenis there a Nahuatl name we could borrow for an ancient civilization? That would be cool for our "protoss"!

For the zergs I have no idea honestly.. I'm looking around some terms for insects, bacteria and organic stuff

Anyway guys! Let's keep it easy eh! If we find a good one let's stick with it, otherwise we can spend days for just names

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stan` said:

Correct. You just need a Github account.

When I click the wiki link, it just reloads the github repo main page.

On 02/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, Stan` said:

Might be better to use github wiki feature to start documenting stuff. At least everything is focused on this thread and if you extract the important stuff in the form of issues and wiki entries it might make it easier.

Seems to me that using something like CryptPad would be more suitable (imho).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, andy5995 said:

When I click the wiki link, it just reloads the github repo main page.

Seems to me that using something like CryptPad would be more suitable (imho).

Why would it be better to have a text document in another place? I guess you can do all that in an orderly fashion in issues, or here ?