There's any mod so you can see what your allies see from the start?

MeteoritoAlpha

14 hours ago, andy5995 said:

@Itms Awesome! :) That'll save me some time. The one other mod I submitted was called CartographyMode, which provides an option at game setup to enable or disable shared team vision.

Ah, I see it as well. Which one should I rather sign? Signing both sounds like a big overlap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/03/2021 at 3:08 PM, andy5995 said:

Now moved to it's own directory on the trunk branch https://github.com/andy5995/CartographyMode/tree/trunk/a24 and also available from the 0AD mod center and on 0ad.mod.io

Can you make an A25 version? The A24 version bugs out. :)

ERROR: Error in timer: ReferenceError: g_GameAttributes is not defined getGameDescriptionList@gui/common/gamedescription_CartographyMode.js:9:6 getGameDescription@gui/common/gamedescription_CartographyMode.js:237:37 updateCaption@gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/Panels/GameDescription.js:51:62 updateTimers@gui/common/timer.js:61:8 onTick@gui/gamesetup/SetupWindow.js:105:3 @gui/gamesetup/SetupWindow.js:55:64

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/05/2021 at 5:11 AM, andy5995 said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphonecould you open a ticket on the repo and ping "Jammyjamjamman"? He does all the coding for it.

Hey @andy5995, do you think "Jammyjamjamman" wants to make a patch on Phabricator with his creation? He seems to have put some work into it and I fear it may end up in the graveyard if not added to the game?

https://github.com/Jammyjamjamman/CartographyMode/tree/feat/a25-support

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Langbart said:

Hey @andy5995, do you think "Jammyjamjamman" wants to make a patch on Phabricator with his creation? He seems to have put some work into it and I fear it may end up in the graveyard if not added to the game?

https://github.com/Jammyjamjamman/CartographyMode/tree/feat/a25-support

@LangbartIt's been suggested before to add this feature to the game, but it was rejected. There was a ticket created and then closed

The link you gave is on a fork of the main repo. There's an open pull request for it at https://github.com/andy5995/CartographyMode/pull/7 . We've been side-tracked for a couple weeks but were planning to do some testing of that patch very soon, then merging it, probably within the next few weeks. After that, I'll submit the update to Itms and mod.io

Anybody who wants to test the code as-is and leave feedback on the pull request is encouraged to do so. We'll take any comments into consideration before finalizing the patch.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm glad you like the mod.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Stan` said:

My position on it hasn't changed. Totally forgot I created the ticket. @wraitii @Angen @Freagarach thoughts ?

My position is that it should be added to the game so I don't have to add it to Delenda Est. ;) 

It's a nice feature, and one I think AOE2 had back in the day. I'm not sure why elexis was so hard core against it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I tried leaving an inline comment on Fubricator but got an error about permissions

Is this obvious enough for translators? Else one could consider adding a translation comment.

I do wonder if another string would be easier to translate. "Shared Vision", "Shared Teammate Vision", "Share Vision with Allies"... ?

But any of those may still required a translation comment. What's the format for adding one?