Age of Empires IV

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting: Been asking this question from day 1.

Game still in Alpha stage or early Beta

Its 50% unfinished and balance changes are bad. Over all worse then AOE3 which is real sad.

Maps in this game are a joke. All maps gears for 1 or 2 Civ and the rest are at a handicaps if they play on them

Maps should be more neutral for all Civ’s and not give huge advantage to 1 civ (aka Blackforest and China)

Over all…

50% undone game

Bad maps

Bad units(or unbalanced)

Still game breaking bugs in game

No Ranked (i know its coming but this should have been in launch)

Hacks galore (drop hack etc)

Slow patches (once a month for a RTS isn’t good guys)

Water units (boats) so bad they had to nerf to the ground and take them out pretty much.

I still want my $60 refund. Im still waiting on steam customer support for it.

This scam is as bad as Hello games did when they released No Mans Sky. Steam gave blanked refunds.

Hopping they do the same here.[\quote]

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2022 at 10:13 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Pathfinding looks broken as Hell

Really? Honestly, do you really find it broken? Because I am quite surprised, the game still managed to be playable with such population and movements.

1 hour ago, Genava55 said:

Really? Honestly, do you really find it broken? Because I am quite surprised, the game still managed to be playable with such population and movements.

has interesting ideas but incomplete.

My favorites are the torch mechanics.(fire)

Siege and the walls. In this section 0 A D has not corrected it.

It fails in other elementals such as the design of city itself.(  In this case Empires Apart is a better "AOE2 clone" than AoE IV itself.

It's only natural that they want to incorporate castle management like Stronghold Crusader 2.(They would have added more elements).

The civilizations at the launch(release of the game) were unbalanced.

It still seems inferior to the entire franchise.

I think the ones who enjoyed it the most were those who are fans of Blizzard's RTS like StarCraft 2 players.

The graphic is already personal and makes me hate the game. The zoom makes me claustrophobic.

Second, it feels incomplete and empty, the game lacks charisma.(Ironically, because so nice sound design, But they try to appeal to casual group as far as art direction.)

The biggest criticism he has on art is calling it "graphic like" and mobile game.

It's as if they wanted to be cartoony( trendy) and without becoming AOEO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Genava55 The system aoe4 had before is laughable. The new one is an improvement, but ultimately the overall balance scheme is ruined by homing projectiles and overly strict rock-paper-scissors counters. 

People like to say that the Aoe4 civs have such great differentiation, but the reality is that most of it are gimmicky mechanics that are unique, but not special, because they have no baseline to stand out from. Aoe4 differentiation strategy seems to be inventing whole systems for each civ rather than simply adding extra properties or abilities to existing unit classes or buildings. This aspect of the game design seems to be intended for novelty rather than gameplay quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

@Genava55 The system aoe4 had before is laughable. The new one is an improvement, but ultimately the overall balance scheme is ruined by homing projectiles and overly strict rock-paper-scissors counters. 

People like to say that the Aoe4 civs have such great differentiation, but the reality is that most of it are gimmicky mechanics that are unique, but not special, because they have no baseline to stand out from. Aoe4 differentiation strategy seems to be inventing whole systems for each civ rather than simply adding extra properties or abilities to existing unit classes or buildings. This aspect of the game design seems to be intended for novelty rather than gameplay quality.

Yeah, it is prefered by casual players but disapproved by regular online players. Although an online player is the kind of person that can play on Arabia 99% of the time, so in a way you need to consider they are quite special.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

honestly it is a game at the level of Empires Apart.

And empires Apart erred on the conservative side.

It has good things, the sacred sites thing makes it intense.

The late game gets boring, it shows that it is a StarCraft like  oriented to be multiplayer and medieval.

The historical part shows that they care little. There are no heresies, no holy wars, everything is family friendly. And politically correct for that reason it does not manage to be like a game with identity.

Screenshot_20221003-141931.png

7 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

sacred sites thing makes it intense.

Honestly, I really dislike the sacred sites part of the game. It feels so forced being on every map, and since the game was in part designed with this in mind, victories using the sites feel gimmicky. It takes away from the typical flow of conquest gameplay.

So much of AOE4 feels like that tho, gimmicky.