Age of Empires IV

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@Radiotraining let's design something based on this as promotional art.

ehehe that's funny :D yesterday I exactly proposed the same to DerekO and I also tried to put him in touch with @mysticjim so we could start to have a little social media team based on these suggestions! :)

Now I just have to find a little bit of time to fully develop this idea ;)

37 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

There was an AoE4 tournament and the finals are on youtube. The game does not seem to be like my taste.

Why is it so dark? AOE is basically known for its bright environments. I don't mean cartoonish, I mean well-lit almost sunny environments. The lighting here looks a lot like Starcraft. And why are the trees so ugly? Berry bushes are comically large.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

OMG !! That polearms bug is utterly RIDICOLOUS!

Okay sometimes I make fun of AOE4 lightheartily, but in all seriousness I'm kinda shocked by the amount of missteps since the release! Like, it really come off as something amateurish by the quality of these bugs and really not a premium title.

Or maybe I'm just too used to good ol' classic games that felt more "finished" when released? I know it's custom now to sell out buggy games and patch them along the way.. but darn!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Radiotraining said:

OMG !! That polearms bug is utterly RIDICOLOUS!

Okay sometimes I make fun of AOE4 lightheartily, but in all seriousness I'm kinda shocked by the amount of missteps since the release! Like, it really come off as something amateurish by the quality of these bugs and really not a premium title.

Or maybe I'm just too used to good ol' classic games that felt more "finished" when released? I know it's custom now to sell out buggy games and patch them along the way.. but darn!!

The companies of this era care more about selling than public relations.

At some point they will sell us even the expired food.

And they will focus on selling only services and not products, for being more profitable.

The case of the disappearance of physical copies.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

@maroder Wasn't the infinite relics bug removed with the winter fix? I thought the Brit's vid was meh anyway, but after he wasn't done with the relics bug at minute 8 I couldn't just bear it anymore. (Especially since he made such a big deal of it with a premiere...)

39 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

And they will focus on selling only services and not products, for being more profitable.

I read about ideas of making washing machines a service; so you don't just own it but pay for each use.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

@maroder

I read about ideas of making washing machines a service; so you don't just own it but pay for each use.

that will become more and more common.

Between that they steal data from us and then they  create this services.

First it was the house.

Then the cars with Uber.

Then the digital entertainment.

----

Sorry for the off-topic.

• Like 1