Age of Empires IV

7 minutes ago, alre said:

they just didn't consider it a priority. for how AoE4 is designed visually, unit variations seem unnecessary to me. you don't have unit variations in chess websites either, and no one complains.

our variation was more of a Total war type. and Wargaming.

They don't, they seek to be E-sport like SC2.

At the same time as a MOBA. There are people who criticized that they were more friendly than realistic aesthetics.

I understand that they need any PC machine to runs AOE IV like trend games do, with low requirements and a lot of exaggerated action.

Those cannons moves like a playmobil lol. It looks they moves so much faster than they should regardin how moves the men on foot. Sometimes I feel all the graphics are kinda cartoon style
I think all the projectiles, arrows, cannon's projectiles, has very fast animations. It seems all game has like a 1.25x or something i really don't like that.
After watching many gameplays i think the game is interesting but not that masterpiece some streamer talk about.
I like how formations works and i like thats there's not too much overlapping when having massive groups. 0ad could improve this

Edited by guerringuerrin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/11/2021 at 5:41 PM, guerringuerrin said:

Those cannons moves like a playmobil lol. It looks they moves so much faster than they should regardin how moves the men on foot.

also cavalry moves pretty slow. strange.

On 13/11/2021 at 5:41 PM, guerringuerrin said:

I like how formations works and i like thats there's not too much overlapping when having massive groups. 0ad could improve this

no @#$%

On 10/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

interesting bug-mechanics.

Yea it is super awkward the way units get on and off walls. I feel they should disappear into the turret for 1 s and then pop out at the bottom, rather than taking inspiration from assassins creed.

I would not say that this is overpowered though, since it could be easily countered by a mangonel or two.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Radiotraining said:

Basically is an alpha version like 0ad but with just a more fancy AA title.

true, but AOE4 will probably get to a truly stable release within a year or so (not counting balance tweaks and further civs to be added as DLCs), unlike 0AD.

• Like 2

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/17/age-of-empires-iv-content-roadmap/

• Global Build Queue – We know this is a feature many of you have enjoyed in previous Age titles and would like to see in Age of Empires IV.  
  • Improvements to the Unit Stat card – Based on your feedback, we’re looking into how we can better serve up the most meaningful stats at a glance.  
  • Hotkey Improvements – We recognize that hotkeys are a big component in competitive play and are a topic our community cares a great deal about. This is a bigger change, and something we’re investigating from a few different angles, including a movement away from the grid system as well as implementing a few other options via hotkey selections.  
  • Taunts and Cheats – Part of the Age Legacy, we’re exploring what these elements would look (and sound!) like in Age of Empires IV. 
  • AI Difficulty – We’ve heard from you that AI difficulty could use some tuning, specifically making the Easy AI less aggressive and boosting the challenge of the Hard AI.  
  • Waypoint Indicators – Another quality of life feature from previous Age titles, we know this is something many of you want to see returned to Age of Empires IV.
  • User Generated Content and tools allow you to bring your ideas to life. Not a mod maker yourself? No worries, you’ll still be able to enjoy the work of others — sampling their vision for unique maps, modes, and more. This will provide just another way to truly make history your story in Age of Empires IV. 
  • Spring 2022 will also see the start of Ranked Seasons. Ranked Seasons will span 12 weeks, allow players to compete head-to-head, climb the ranked ladder, and earn exclusive in-game rewards based on performance. We look forward to sharing more about Seasons in 2022, and if you’re looking to get some practices in ahead of time, we’d encourage you to brush up on your knowledge with the Art of War challenges, Campaign or play against AI and other players! 

No waypoins?(yet).

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Haha 2