Love of the game

Love The Game

Hello, 

Thanks for the opportunity to share with you. I hope this gets to someone that can actually read it and do something about my suggestions. I have been playing these types of games for many years and I can tell you what people have always wanted and wished for in theses games. I am not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible, but if it is and you do it you will have the best game of all times. So here is the suggestions:

1. Have the game adjustable as the game is being played.  Example. If you have 4 players and it is set for 2 versus 2 teams you can change the diplomacy to be 3 versus 1 and so on as the game is playing. You can be allies at one point and then change it so you are now enemies. Put the player in control of who is who and what teams are changing. You should also be able to set and change the AI-team (Computer settings) to aggressive, advanced, defensive and so on throughout the game. This changes the diplomacy, strategy, and computer/player game statistics to give a more challenging and extended game playing experience. If you are easily winning then you put two teams against you and now you are being challenged again. Or, You are losing and make a deal with another team to become an ally and now you get back the upper hand and both teams win or the tides change and now those two teams go out at it for the final battle in winner takes all. I would play with this idea so even the computer can ask for help and set it up so that exchanges in assets or even personnel can be exchanged and bartered to change the tempo of the game. This again is in the control of the player be presetting the parameters. 

2. Allow for the game to reset 1, 2, 3 or more times the assets during the game (trees-wood, Stone, Irion) Again let the player decide the amount so to be equal and spread across the map for all teams. This allows for extended campaigns and battles which I can tell you many people want. Playing with this setting allows for more diplomacy and more strategy in playing the game. 

3.  Since the computer ultimately has the advantage make it so the player can exchange during trading/bartering any good/asset 1 to 1. Example: 1 food for 1 wood and so on. This again allows for the resources to be extended and spread out to maximise the game. This should be set up so it can all be set by the player when playing the computer or another person as they agree to the battle terms. Normally, if played well you will have plenty of food but little of everything else as the game progresses which causes the game to end by default (not fun!). Changing this setting allows you to spread out your resources allowing for diversity and longer more extensive battles. Controlling your resources and trading wisely helps extended and even the playing field against the computer. 

4. When fighting the other team allow your team to get the resources or part of the resources from the building as you destroyed them. This is another way to extend the resources and help prolong the battles. This should also be a setting for the player to set for each game. 

5. Make for more weapons as the game progresses and major points or accomplishments are made. People always like a wide variety or warriors with different skills or fun weapons that can be used to change the tide of the war. 

I hope this helps give a general idea. I could write much more but you guys are the experts. I can tell you now that if you do this this game will be the all time winner for Real time reality games. One last thing, I tried to make some maps and had fun doing them but they would not work in the game. The maps would have been great for many players and the more setting the better for players. I really hope you are successful in this game and I wish you the very best. Please feel free to contact me for more info or clarity on the subject written in the blog post. Thanks for the time and opportunity to share my ideas for everyone to enjoy. You guys are the ones that make our ideas a reality and then everyone gets to enjoy it. Thanks so much. 

• Thanks 3

Hello @Love The Game , welcome to the forums, and thanks for the nickname.

Let me answer some of your points

1. Allow people to change teams: You can already do that in the game. It's in the top right corner, you can change the diplomacy between players if the team aren't locked.
  2. Allow people to reset resources : That's a bit harder since people might have built things over said resources... I get the point though, but I guess it could be better fixed with an improved balancing.
  3. Allow bartering to be independant from the game: I'm not sure this is a great idea, I like the fact that every player selling resources makes its value plumet. Usually to compensate this you use trade lines.
  4. Allow people to gather resources when killing enemy stuff: Again, that's already into the game :)  It's called looting, and you get a few resources back when you kill enemy units and buildings.
  5. Give more variety to units and weapons: That's something we are working on, I'd like techs to after those as well, but it's needs new code that wasn't written yet :D
2 hours ago, Love The Game said:

I hope this helps give a general idea. I could write much more but you guys are the experts. I can tell you now that if you do this this game will be the all time winner for Real time reality games. One last thing, I tried to make some maps and had fun doing them but they would not work in the game. The maps would have been great for many players and the more setting the better for players. I really hope you are successful in this game and I wish you the very best. Please feel free to contact me for more info or clarity on the subject written in the blog post. Thanks for the time and opportunity to share my ideas for everyone to enjoy. You guys are the ones that make our ideas a reality and then everyone gets to enjoy it. Thanks so much. 

Let me know if I can help you with that, we could use mapmakers :)

• Like 2