Documentation writer - Andreas

Beise

Hi Stan,

I want to redesign the entire page. Away from all buildings towards sorting by phase. The existing page is probably from the beginning and needs an update.

In addition, men and women have different assignments. Alternatively, several pages by population, the DEFAULT buildings
compared with each other. Or at least without the special buildings.
Please make me a copy of this page called "special Buildings" to try it out. Thank you

• Like 1

Hey @Beise

Sorry for the delayed answer. Can you update https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Buildings before I make the following pages? The wiki should always be more up to date in English.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Beise said:

In addition, men and women have different assignments. Alternatively, several pages by population, the DEFAULT buildings
compared with each other. Or at least without the special buildings.

Can you rephrase this?

2 hours ago, Beise said:

Hi, can you use the error logs? Or have special wishes about? Better Windows or Linux logs?

I'm not sure I understand?

@Stan`

15 hours ago, Stan` said:

Hey @Beise

Can you rephrase this?

In the english text you can read : "This document will list all buildings in the game." Thats not correct. I have a problem with that. and also with the special buildings below. The idea that came up was either to talk about examples and no further changes, or

• to show special buildings in an extra page,
  • or one page with buildings per population,  

or alternatively, design the page structure so that the individual construction phases are mapped. I have ideas, how to do that, but the Sandbox is not the right way. I can also try this on the buildings_DE, but it will be very long.

The side ist updated, i worked on it.

15 hours ago, Stan` said:

I'm not sure I understand?

i had sent you error logs the last days and want know wether they are helpfull or do you need more, and if so, what or which.

Others (Editor):

what I noticed is:

Brit:
Champion cavalery, champion cavalery barracks, hero boudica
- >> Horses without harness, run free, no reins

Mace:
Hero Philip
- >> reins wrong - correct see Champion cavalery barracks

Maur:
champion chariot, hero Ashoka,
- >> no reins, arch in side wall (ashoka)

Pers cavalery archer a, b, e
- >> no reins, beams through the animals, no charioteer

Pers hero Darius, Xerxes
- >> no reins, beams through the animals, arch in the side wall (Xerxes)

With all military teams mechanical siege xy
- >> the bracket is missing, as can be seen at xy_katafalque.

Edited by Stan`
Fix quotes

12 hours ago, Beise said:

i had sent you error logs the last days and want know wether they are helpfull or do you need more, and if so, what or which.

For Atlas errors, you should contact @vladislavbelov. From what I understand in the zip file you sent me there are two kind of errors.

• Sound errors.
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keySound: AlcInit success, using OpenAL Soft
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyUserReport written to /home/Redacted/.config/0ad/logs/userreport_hwdetect.txt
  • Atlas errors and a warning.
** (atlas:8120): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-2.0/../assets/line-h.png,
borders don't fit within the image
GAME STARTED, ALL INIT COMPLETE
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
pyrogenesis: xcb_io.c:259: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.

12 hours ago, Beise said:

In the english text you can read : "This document will list all buildings in the game." Thats not correct. I have a problem with that. and also with the special buildings below. The idea that came up was either to talk about examples and no further changes, or

• to show special buildings in an extra page,
  • or one page with buildings per population,  

or alternatively, design the page structure so that the individual construction phases are mapped. I have ideas, how to do that, but the Sandbox is not the right way. I can also try this on the buildings_DE, but it will be very long.

The side ist updated, i worked on it.

Alright. We already have civilization pages but those are the manual ones. So I don't think it's a good idea to duplicate them. I guess we can go with the special buildings pages. Unless you want something like this.

structure-tree.gif

Broken cavalry actors.

Any chance you can use the development version? (https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions) Too many art files have changed and they might have been fixed...

• GIT: https://github.com/0ad/0ad/
  • SVN: https://svn.wildfiregames.com/svn/ps/trunk/

@Stan`

So I don't think it's a good idea to duplicate them. I guess we can go with the special buildings pages. Unless you want something like this. 

Yes, it's a good compromise, the side for special buildings, and not more.

Any chance you can use the development version?

I take care of it, there are still virtual machines :)

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

Thanks and DONE

I personally would also place the workshop here

Todo:  Correct wikilinks in the German version, special buildings starts tomorrow

Edited by Beise

• 1 month later...

@vladislavbelov

Hello Vladislav,
I have a request. I take screenshots of all content in the editor. However, the list is too long for me. How or what do I have to edit to get only a certain area displayed (e.g. only buildings). My attempts (commenting out or copying) are unfortunately unsuccessful.

thanks

Andreas

54 minutes ago, Beise said:

I have a request. I take screenshots of all content in the editor. However, the list is too long for me. How or what do I have to edit to get only a certain area displayed (e.g. only buildings). My attempts (commenting out or copying) are unfortunately unsuccessful.

Hi Andreas. If I understood you correctly, you might use the filter field. For example if you type "structures/athen" it will show you entities with names containing this text.

• 1 month later...