Documentation writer - Andreas

Beise

Is the next, what i want do today. Although I believe that only the headlines are to be translated. At least the Developer documentation can stay in English,

our people also program in English.

What are the differences between Developer and Programmer with you?

Finally:
What I do not like is the style change between the page wiki and
0adManual. I want to continue the style of the wiki page, if possible.

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

Buildings seem to work ?

Maybe you have some old cached version of the page in your browser? Either way, the images do not work no, I don't think there's a point in just re-uploading the images and updating the page, better to recreate the images with new pictures.

I don't really know who's able to figure out what's going on with the [[TranslatedPages]] macro though, it really should exist, but maybe it's been deleted for some reason way back. @Ykkrosh would know, but I don't know if he's possible to contact anymore. I've lost the access details for the server after I got myself a new computer, so I can't check myself. @Itms or @implodedok should at least know how to do that =) I guess I should ask Jan for the details again. Actually this is on the Trac server, and I wouldn't have the access to that directly as things have been at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beise said:

0adManual. I want to continue the style of the wiki page, if possible.

Sure, if you could update the original one as well so that they stay in sync that would be great.

56 minutes ago, feneur said:

Maybe you have some old cached version of the page in your browser? Either way, the images do not work no, I don't think there's a point in just re-uploading the images and updating the page, better to recreate the images with new pictures.

Strange... Maybe a browser thing...

19 hours ago, Stan` said:

done with Content translation in german language, Style adaptation to wiki start page,  Uniform design of the notes, Footnote (anchor) added for testing (sometimes necessary for explanations). 

It also bothers me that you have to scroll so long. I would either put a few jump labels, or individual sections of the picture e.g. insert all 5 or 10 headings.

@Stan`, @feneur,

I think I found the mistake with the pictures. In wiki: buildings the image links are http: // wildfire ...,
in ManualBasicGameplay and others you find:  [[Image (Manual_BasicGameplay: Athenian_Preview.png, 800)]],  which is the new style in the documents. I correct that during the translation

@Stan`

In the document ManualBasicGameplay the picture does not match the text.
In the section "Gather resources", sentence 1, text in parenthesis.
In section "Build / create units", sentence 4
The first sentence is not the problem, delete the text and well.
But sentence 4 causes me problems. Can you please correct that or may i send you  corrected pictures?

Edited by Beise

@feneur Oh, that was a misunderstanding.
The images linked in the document "wiki: buildings" could not be displayed in any of my browsers, but only those, like e.g. in the document
"Wiki / Manual_BasicGameplay". This should only be an hint of differences and that I am eliminating these differences when I am
see such when translating.
Otherwise, an access right to the image directory makes sense, so that I can copy it there after approval.
My Trac username is the same as here. 

Andreas

@Stan`Hi Stan,
it can go on. This and next week but only in the morning.
Also something for discussion:
In the document "Manual_BasicGameplay", under "Collect" there is the term "intelligence" in the English document.
I translated that, as I have drowned the text, with "information" because it looked more appropriate to me.
Please check it out and tell me which one to change.

Hi, @Beise :wavey:

Thanks for your work, your style of translation (I'd call it "content focused" instead of "literal") makes it pleasant to read.

Just one thing I'm not sure about id the informal addressing of the reader as "Sie" instead of the more informal "Du".
Not that I'm against it, I just have the feeling that this is a somewhat outdated practice - even in Germany - but that can just be me favoring to be addressed more personally ;)

I took the freedom to change some sentences to what feels more natural to me. I hope that is not disturbing your work (if it does, just tell me and I'll stay out of your way :))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, in the context of the section it's more like "information" (English) or "Informationen" or maybe "Erkundung"/"Erforschung" (German).
A I understand it the German "Spionage"(English "espionage" I guess, not sure, also "intelligence" I guess) is meant for gathering information about something a 2nd party explicitly claims to be information owned by it - and that doesn't really apply to e.g. resources on the map.

However, I also stumbled across "Informationen sammeln".

I lean towards "Erkundung" which might most closely be translated to "Exploration" in English.

• Like 1

@Stan`, @FeXoR, @GunChleoc

Hi all, back from work, so we can discuss a lttle bit.

My understanding is, that Intelligent Services search, find, spread and process information wherever and whenever possible.

From this, 'intelligent' measures are derived. But all are based of Informations.

@FeXoR

Thanks. And "Erkundung" is a Compromise, also for me. 

Because of "Du/Sie". This pages are part of an (technical) handbook. This is technical information (for me) and there it is unusual to write "DU".  It may be that my age also plays a role, but I can change if necessary. I could have changed a lot more because to me personally in the text are too many  "you can do this and that" instead of "do that, do this", or "Click there, then you have that result", but ok.  

@GunChleoc

also "Spionage" is based of gathered Information.

• Like 1