ffm_visibility mod

ffm2

Take Cassivellaunus for example. This version is what appears in my game. When i grep that string (ignoring occurrences in long texts), I can only find it in the pl, nl, cs translations. Changing it there has no effect. In template brit_catafalque.xml its in the Cassiuellaunos version (with an u instead of a v [what i see on the screen]).

The string "Cassiuellaunos" appears only in simulation/templates/units/brit_catafalque.xml (ignoring all tranlation files). Changing <SpecificName>Cassiuellaunos</SpecificName> has no effect, in my game its still Cassivellaunus. I disabled all othes mods that could interere.

Just checked my a23 public.zip and there it's <SpecificName>Cassivellaunus</SpecificName> while it's changed in svn to <SpecificName>Cassiuellaunos</SpecificName>. So maybe you have both installed (or leftover artefacts) and somehow this results in this unexpected behaviour?

What is your locale set to? One of pl, nl, cs?

I continued experimenting a bit more with your mod and changed the color for apples, figs, grapes and olives:

Spoiler

I only used Imagemagick with -modulate 1st: Brightness, 2nd: Saturation, 3rd: Hue (Source: imagemagick.org/Usage)

Apples

convert {filename} -modulate 111,200,80
  • orchard_apple_a.dds
  • tree_apple_a.dds
  • tree_apple_bloom.dds

Grapes

convert {filename} -modulate 111,200,140
  • grape_bushes.png
  • bush_grapes.dds

PS: There is still a file called "bush_grapes.png" in your mod, but it was removed with rP22889

Figs

The texture skins for figs is also used for baobab trees, I work around it by adding the actor files (fig_top_a.xml and fig_top_b.xml) to your mod and changing the names of these textures. Therefore only figs have these bluish leaves and not normal wood baobab trees.

convert {filename} -modulate 111,200,170
  • tree_figs_a.dds (called tree_carob_a.dds on SVN)
  • tree_figs_b.dds (called tree_carob_b.dds on SVN)
  • tree_figs_c.dds (called tree_carob_c.dds on SVN)

Olives

convert {filename} -modulate 111,200,100
  • tree_olive_decal.png
  • tree_olive.png

I'll take a look at metals/ore later and update this post. Ore and stone sometimes seem to be too interchangeable, for example in the "Mainland Temperate Biome". I think Delenda Est has some nice ores.

Edit1: fixed color of fig and baobab trees (use the same texture)

Edit2: In consultation with ffm2 I have created a derivative mod called boonGUI, which includes some additional changes.

Edited by Langbart
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ffm2 said:

I will not update this mod as I think boonGUI mod can replace it.

Ok, I will make it compatible with A25 tomorrow and also add some features I implemented for @mysticjim's custom mod (NROC).

@ffm2 your mod was the one I experimented with first when I started making mods for 0AD. Thanks.

• Like 1