0 A.D. is a great game; but somehow, the general public is not aware of this. 

Previous attempts to rectify this situation have been ineffective in terms of publicity and management. With better organization, we can all enable the community to more efficiently utilize collaboration techniques.

The 0 A.D. Community is growing; it is the right time for us to move the next step. We all want to move forward quickly, therefore we should all want to move forward together.

Many people want to collaborate in the community. Our main desire is to make 0 A.D. better. We believe this can be done by taking advantage of the power of community. Currently, many people do not have access to a method of assisting, this can be changed easily.

If you are interested in being a part of the future of 0 A.D., share your ideas! Play! Commentate! Stream! Design! Code! Beta-Test! Coach! Share! Communicate! Spectate! Spread the word! We can help to provide you an opportunity to be an insider.

We can easily collaborate just by doing what we love.

For more information about how YOU can make 0 A.D. better, show your love, ask questions in this thread, or join the discussion of the upcoming events and positions:

-Open Positions to organize NEW Programs/Events
-Upcoming 1v1 Event Development Thread

@psypherium @Feldfeld @ValihrAnt @camel @Boudica @ffffffff @JC (naval supremacist) @Unknown_Player @borg- @chrstgtr @Lefo @Pudim @Philip the Swaggerless @Stockfish @PhyZik @itrelles @nani @Hannibal_Barca @LeGenDz @phoenixdesk @LANDLORD @kizitom @mord @ffm @user1 @elexis @Stan` @SaidRdz @Emperior @Emacz @Dunedan @Ivaylo @yilmazgng @go2die @MorTak @Imarok @sarcoma @Lion.Kanzen @D_D_T_ @R4PT0R @Servo @Itms @coworotel @badosu @sphyrth @wowgetoffyourcellphone @faction02 @feneur @Issh @PrincessChristmas @RolandSC2 @Jofursloft @CAGD_lulofun @HirnWolf @Dakara @thankforpie @mgx

*** If you want to be in the notification list, or not, send a PM so I can add/remove your nick.

• Like 7

It's just a basic fact that since the source code for the whole engine is openly available modding said engine is easier though finding appropriate documentation is problematic and project dependent,closed source projects limit you to the scripting language that was chosen as well as making changes to the engine are precluded the Hyrule mod includes actual engine changes not just assets and scripting .

Enjoy the Choice :)    

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The main obstacle to modding is that every year or two the next version comes out and breaks the mods. For someone who doesn’t have a lot of free time that doesn’t give much time to make mods. I’m waiting till A24 before I do anything, and I hope we can make a permanent version soon, though we should continue with a development version in addition. 

5 minutes ago, Adeimantos said:

The main obstacle to modding is that every year or two the next version comes out and breaks the mods. For someone who doesn’t have a lot of free time that doesn’t give much time to make mods. I’m waiting till A24 before I do anything, and I hope we can make a permanent version soon, though we should continue with a development version in addition. 

One can also update the mods following the dev version, it's open source, so you can tag along :)