Skeleton King with Ring of Basilius Aura
Basilius.gif.53bb6b3b89e49b3b287f2f0d3e1084d2.gif

Skeleton King with Assault Cuirass Aura
Cuirass.gif.ead6c3a7bedaee7dd5a78aa405157703.gif

Skeleton King with Both Auras Stacked
Stacked.gif.f5d443519ac5ce69e27941bb76eb2b8d.gif

Skeleton King passively being affected by an Aura
Affected.gif.af5cbb92075cbbf3fcb213540d73eb91.gif

If 0 A.D. implements something like this I know that it will impact the Visual Realism, but I believe that it deserves a level of consideration.

• Like 1

That's what we always wanted. The problem with that is that you have uneven grounds. Consider the passage between two steep mountains as a worst case.

There is a 32*32 texture repeated over the radius, one can do more with it than just a blank line.

The feature was introduced in D238, somewhere should be some more alternative textures.

I suppose if the visualization is very small in diameter and depending on visualization it wouldnt appear that badly if its a 2d disk, but it wont allow displaying the actual aura range until adding that code as a feature (break down the texture into many smaller textures over the area, just like is done with the ring). I suppose thats not impossible to code and probably not impossible for performance either (not so many auras to be displayed I guess). (For the record, the feature is also used for attack rangeof buildings and heal range. Female inspiration aura too.)

screenshot0733.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I tried to do this, but I had to use the footprint code which had buggy behavior for what I wanted.

temples.png.31128a3f8e02a06addd8458f1f338694.png

So I was forced to take it out. :/ 

Oh, yeah. I remember this one.

Anyway, by elexis' statement, the aura's image size is dependent on its radius size. And I don't know if separating the aura's image from its radius range ring is a clean code to suggest.