lags despite no resources used

syco

Hi all

I'm wondering why 0ad lags at about 2 FPS though almost no resources are used (less than 1.3 out of 4 GB of RAM and CPU at less than 15%).

I'm running linux mint 19 (tara) on an old thinkpad L412 with 4 GB of ram, intel integrated GFX on an external VGA monitor at 1920x1056 resolution and SSD "harddisk".

I just don't understand why it's lagging despite the available (not used) resources.

it's the only app running except screen and irssi, i always close firefox to free resources. Nothing special actually. i'm playing against one IA, no networking (belgian bog map). My display is a dual screen one (the laptop and the external screen i'm playing on).

root@tpad:~# lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

i'll try disabling those options in a few hours, have to go walk the dog now ;p

thanks for your fast reactions :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, Stan` said:

Can you get more information about your GPU ?

In the game options try disabling GLSL and postprocessing and see if that helps.

I am having the same problem, even though playing 1vs1 with my girlfriend over lan. My specs are pretty decent. I'll try disabling the GLSL and postprocessing