Template breaking change - attacks can deal many effects at once

Hello everyone,

This to inform modders of a breaking change in templates following https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP22754.

Capture previously looked:

<Capture>
  <Value>5</Value>
  ...[Other Stuff]...
</Capture>

You need to change "Value" into "Capture".

The reason for this is that you may now use the "Damage", "Capture", and "GiveStatus" nodes in any place where you could previously use Damage.
For example, you can now have capturing splash damage, or both a Capture and a Damage node in the same attack. "Capture" is no longer hardcoded to be the only attack type that can capture.

This change also affects many simulation components, so feel free to ask questions about those if needed.

Let me know if anything looks odd, as again, this changed many component files and there's a chance I've missed an edge case.

Please note that tooltip support is not yet committed, this will be a WIP in the upcoming days.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, wraitii said:

Hello everyone,

This to inform modders of a breaking change in templates following https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP22754.

Capture previously looked:

<Capture>
  <Value>5</Value>
  ...[Other Stuff]...
</Capture>

You need to change "Value" into "Capture".

The reason for this is that you may now use the "Damage", "Capture", and "GiveStatus" nodes in any place where you could previously use Damage.
For example, you can now have capturing splash damage, or both a Capture and a Damage node in the same attack. "Capture" is no longer hardcoded to be the only attack type that can capture.

This change also affects many simulation components, so feel free to ask questions about those if needed.

Let me know if anything looks odd, as again, this changed many component files and there's a chance I've missed an edge case.

Please note that tooltip support is not yet committed, this will be a WIP in the upcoming days.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone @Exodarion @darkinterloper @borg- @wackyserious @Angen @Alexandermb @LordGood

12 hours ago, Nescio said:

Thanks for the heads-up, but you forgot to update the aura and technology files accordingly. I stumbled upon it when updating D2000 and took the liberty to include the corrections there.

I did indeed - have to say I completely forgot to test techs on this diff (see 'missed an edge case' in the OP :p )... Broke all armour/attack techs pretty much :(

I'll fix it tonight or tomorrow depending on time I have.

• Thanks 1