Problem about playing with direct IP, VPN and game lobby

avavento

My computer hardware: CPU i7-8750,  Ram 16Gb, Graphic card RTX2600..., system: Windows 10

I have done with firewall not only Windows, software but also router. Also, I have done with port forwarding. 

When I host a game with my pal who live in China (I'm in Taiwan), he can joint and play. But the game always show he disconnect after 10 minutes or latter. The game lobby is the same situation. So we never finish one game.

What's the problem?

Edited by avavento

If you go on the lobby, you might be able to find someone who will host for both of you. That way if either of you get disconnected, you can rejoin the lobby and rejoin that same match (as long as you're not using AI). You can ask me personally, I'd be happy to host it for you if I'm not too busy.

Or just join a public match that someone else is hosting and maybe you can be on the same team and enjoy a team game.

If you have disconnect issues it might be better to leave AI off, unfortunately. The game will not carry on properly if someone leaves and reconnects when there is an AI player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boudica said:

If it happens like that, I'd guess it to be a router problem. This kind of thing often gets better after a router restart, so I'd try that (I mean, your friend could try that).

Thanks for your suggestion. I would told him and try next time. Result will be post after that.