Creating The Bronze Age mod

Sebastián Gómez

3 minutes ago, Stan` said:

You'd have to change the wallbuilder to achieve such an effect, However I do not know that code that well. Maybe @FeXoR @bb_ @elexis do.

Very cool video btw. How did you make it ?

Thank you, I just took a bunch of screenshots and put them together as a GIF in photoshop.

I hope the guys can help me with the walls.

You should indeed look at the wallbuilder code (Walls.js). IIRC the short/medium/long segements are already very similar to what you propose, the towers shouldn't be too hard too remove (in fact it is just removng L90 too L100 from that file), but one migh need to addapt some sizes to fill the gaps.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I'm looking forward to add a new feature in which you can choose your city when phasing up for the first time. Future upgrades, bonuses and heroes will depend on the city you choose to play.

Would someone be willing to help me achieve this?

Choose your City.gif

Edited by Basshunter
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Basshunter said:

Hey guys. I'm looking forward to add a new feature in which you can choose your city when phasing up for the first time. Future upgrades, bonuses and heroes will depend on the city you choose to play.

Would someone be willing to help me achieve this?

Choose your City.gif

So it is similar to the system in Age of Mythology/Age of Empires III, I assume?

I know it is not 100% what you want, but have you take a look at Upgrade component? The example of its implementation in the game is Sentry Tower, upgradable to bigger Defense Tower. Its function is to change an entity to another with certain cost and technology. You can even upgrade a building into a unit and vice versa, as seen in Terra Magna/Delenda Est Nomad factions where tents can be upgraded to wagons and back to tents. You're gonna have to create three separate civic centers for that to work though, each with different heroes and technologies. And the Upgrade button is placed in upper rows with other trainable units and not lower with other technologies. Also there's no fancy selection dialog box.

11 hours ago, Stan` said:

These are good but the selection choice is triggered in the beginning of the game. There need to be modification to trigger the selection on phasing.

OTT but how did you make the mockup? Is that SketchUp?

10 hours ago, azayrahmad said:

So it is similar to the system in Age of Mythology/Age of Empires III, I assume?

Yes

These are good but the selection choice is triggered in the beginning of the game. There need to be modification to trigger the selection on phasing.

Yes, that's exactly what needs to be done. I just have no idea how to do it. I need the help of someone with coding skills. 

OTT but how did you make the mockup? Is that SketchUp?

Yes, that's SketchUp.

Edited by Basshunter
  • Like 1

Good evening to everybody,

This post aims to get volunteers who want to work with me in the creation of The Bronze Age mod. I'm specially seeking the help of those with coding skills. However, all kinds of help will be highly welcome.

This is an overview of the project so far. More ideas will be added over time.

image.thumb.png.7fc4c99ea103ab6e6cb1c4007c4c477c.png

If it catches your eye and you'd like to help just PM me and let me know.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Basshunter said:

This post aims to get volunteers who want to work with me in the creation of The Bronze Age mod. I'm specially seeking the help of those with coding skills. However, all kinds of help will be highly welcome.

As any other project, if it involves modeling or animating im up to help if time and other task's allows.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Basshunter :wavey:

That is the ingame wall placement you seem to be talking about which would be in walls.js.
If you also want to have the original wall styles (with towers in between each wall part for at least some civilizations) you'd need to add a condition for that there.
I'd add a new keyword to the wall sets to distinguish between those cases like "OnlyCornerTowers" witch would be False for the usual placement and True for your proposed method.

I wouldn't fiddle to much with the ways walls are picked (if long, medium or short) for the current behavior closely resembles your proposal anyways.

If you also want to have placed walls for civs that use only corner towers for random maps like the Iberians get or make Fortress map also have that placement you could take a look at the random map library file wall_placer.js. Many of those placement functions already support choosing the parts between the edges of fortresses (rather shapes) and only put towers as cornerWallElement (like for placePolygonalWall) or just add a custom fortress to that map that suits your needs ;)

Edited by FeXoR
Grammar correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
On 9/25/2019 at 11:47 PM, Basshunter said:

This is an overview of the project so far. More ideas will be added over time.

image.thumb.png.7fc4c99ea103ab6e6cb1c4007c4c477c.png

If it catches your eye and you'd like to help just PM me and let me know.

Hah! This stile of city can actually be rather simply be created with the customFortress placement method of wall builder in random maps (I didn't imagine that something that suited would turn out to be actual historic city style :p )

Would a random map around one of those city hills be interesting? (or rather one city for each player - might be a bit much :D)

• Like 1