===[TASK]=== Crowd Sourced - Judeans (Hasmonean) [Faction]

wackyserious

42 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

What I am thinking is that the houses may have been painted white or a light colour once upon a time.

If you can teach me how to edit the textures .png files that would help me a lot. 

first you have to research, first rule of design.

Then you must either imitate what you see or get it out of your imagination.

But first you must know the material you are designing.

These houses are made of stone.

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

first you have to research, first rule of design.

Then you must either imitate what you see or get it out of your imagination.

But first you must know the material you are designing.

These houses are made of stone.

KK

I have a rough idea of what their houses look like now. But I can't edit the png and dds files, unless you teach me. 

Stone houses - houses need to cost stone?! That sounds difficult. These people are already short on stone anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

KK

I have a rough idea of what their houses look like now. But I can't edit the png and dds files, unless you teach me. 

Stone houses - houses need to cost stone?! That sounds difficult. These people are already short on stone anyways. 

I want to see the houses in Jerusalem, they are different.

I use Photoshop, the rest of the team uses GIMP.

Units from Herods.

Herod always placed an importance on cavalry, and tried to always deploy them at a 1:5 relation to the infantry. Herod’s ‘sebastenoi’ was deployed at 500 cavalry and 3,000 cavalry, 1:6, however the Roman assistance sent in 57 BCE was 1,000 cavalry and 8,000 infantry, a 1:8 ratio (displaying the lack of importance the Romans placed on cavalry). There is little known about Hero’s cavalry but it almost definitely included cataphracts, in addition the light cavalry we do know of. There is evidence of a cavalry unit of 500 in the Babylonian fashion (fast, and carrying a bow), under the command of Zamaris.

Herod’s infantry formed the bulk of his army, and was highly effective. The infantry was formed mostly by both light and heavy infantry, with little usage of medium infantry. The light infantry was mostly Itruraean archers, which were apparently well known across the middle east and the heavy infantry were mostly Jewish, armed in the Roman fashion. The ‘sebastenoi’ have been discussed at length already but basically they were 3,000 heavy infantry that were armed almost identically to the Romans (and after Herod’s death they formed Roman auxiliaries).

https://onlyphysics.org/the-army-of-herod-the-great-39-bce-4-bce-roman-army-jewish-troops/

• 2 months later...
On 10/06/2021 at 12:54 PM, Yekaterina said:

Thank you Lion.Kanzen, what do you think about my structures though?

image.thumb.png.b9f8b642974eefaf73d1f77296a1ac51.png

Perhaps remove the wallpaper on what can be assumed is a fortress in the middle since it is against the faith to make images and the like.

Enjoying this so far however here are a few small things that if fixed could bring this into being.

Some things from testing this. The corral allows the faction to make pigs. The light hoursemen is standing on his horse. The companion cav is fine though nothing over the top. The Temple seems to have some zoroitian symbols on it(the thing with wings)? The healer from the temple looks like a generic one as well not covering his shoulder and without some sort of headwear.

Also perhaps auras for heroes that reduce the williingness of the enemy to fight like enemy infantry would have less damage and what not? Judaism has a big theme on peace it is why we always greet each other by saying שלום, which means peace, aka peace can be made by disarming enemy soldiers haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your feedback!

1 hour ago, Lightning38 said:

he corral allows the faction to make pigs. The light hoursemen is standing on his horse. The companion cav is fine though nothing over the top. The Temple seems to have some zoroitian symbols on it(the thing with wings)? The healer from the temple looks like a generic one as well not covering his shoulder and without some sort of headwear.

These are slips of mine, I will fix them. 

1 hour ago, Lightning38 said:

Also perhaps auras for heroes that reduce the williingness of the enemy to fight like enemy infantry would have less damage and what not? Judaism has a big theme on peace it is why we always greet each other by saying שלום, which means peace, aka peace can be made by disarming enemy soldiers haha.

Something like 'all enemies within 60 metres radius lose half of their armour' or 'all enemy melee in 30 metres range have half the hack attack'?

12 hours ago, Lightning38 said:

Perhaps remove the wallpaper on what can be assumed is a fortress in the middle since it is against the faith to make images and the like.

The Judean fortress is currently a re-texture of the Persian (Achaemenid) counterpart... so Kathy had not done any major changes to the texture files.

12 hours ago, Lightning38 said:

The corral allows the faction to make pigs.

"And the swine... you shall not eat", yes, the template file for the Judean corral obviously has not been modified yet. What permissible animal can be a substitute for the pig, or just remove it from the template altogether.

In short, the faction still has placeholders until balance of (game) mechanics and history/culture are in harmony.

On 15/08/2021 at 2:04 AM, Yekaterina said:

Thank you for your feedback!

These are slips of mine, I will fix them. 

Something like 'all enemies within 60 metres radius lose half of their armour' or 'all enemy melee in 30 metres range have half the hack attack'?

Yes and even movement speed, perhaps an auro also that reduces enemy building production speed, although this would have to be really long ranged.

Genesis 35:5 And they journeyed; and a terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.

• 2 months later...

A unique technology for the home or houses, Essene bread.

Sprouted bread is a type of bread made from whole grains that have been allowed to sprout, that is, to germinate, before being milled into flour. There are a few different types of sprouted grain bread. Some are made with additional added flour, some are made with added gluten, and some, such as Essene bread and Ezekiel bread (after an ancient bread formula in Ezekiel 4:9, however that recipe was baked over a dung fire, Ezekiel 4:15), are made with very few additional ingredients.

Sprouted breads contain the whole, sprouted grain (the kernel, or berry) of various seeds. They are different from white bread inasmuch as white breads are made from ground wheat endosperm (after removal of the bran and germ). Whole grain breads include the bran, germ, and endosperm, therefore providing more naturally occurring fiber, vitamins and proteins. Sprouted (or germinated) grain breads have roughly the same amount of vitamins per gram. Sprouted grain bread has 47% less gluten than regular bread.[1]

A comparison of nutritional analyses shows that sprouted grains contain about 75% of the carbohydrates, slightly higher protein and about 40% of the fat when compared to whole grains.[2][3]

In addition to wheat, sprouted breads may contain grains and legumes such as millet, barley, oat, lentil and soy. Bread that is made from an array of grains and legumes can provide a complete set of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. Sprouted breads may contain slightly more trace minerals and nutrients than non-sprouted breads. Other than that, they supply much the same advantages as whole grain breads over refined grain breads, such as lowered risk of coronary heart disease.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161002052413/http://echonature.fr/345-infos-produits-pains-essene---des-pains-riches-en-gout--en-nutriments-et-en-histoire-.html

These breads do not resemble classic breads in any way. And yet, they are close to their ancestors and offer many advantages, both in terms of taste and nutrition!

Why "Essène" ?

Essene breads are so called because their recipe was developed by the Essenes, a people who lived near the Dead Sea more than 2000 years ago. This community, who ate only raw food, did the same with their bread. Originally, this bread was made without cooking, the seeds being only dehydrated by the heat of the sun.

How is it made?

The grains are first soaked before being subjected to the process of germination. When the sprouts have slightly emerged, the grains are crushed. Finally, the dough obtained ferments naturally at the time of the cooking which is light and does not exceed 80 degrees. Essène bread is no longer eaten raw for reasons of conservation and hygiene. Fortunately, the low temperature allows to keep a good part of the nutrients.

The nutrients

Thanks to the principle of germination, the nutrients of cereals are multiplied. The trace elements and enzymes present in the sleeping seed are "awakened". Essène breads are therefore rich in vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B5, B6 as well as iron, calcium and magnesium.