===[TASK]=== Crowd Sourced - Judeans (Hasmonean) [Faction]

wackyserious

Killing support units do not have that much of an effect in an actual engagement as the time you waste on killing support units means your soldiers are getting hurt by enemy projectiles while the enemy is not taking any damage, therefore, the aura is not too OP. However, if you are in a TG (unlikely) and your ally has a siege tower, then this aura can be very significant as you can take out the enemy's economy completely within seconds. 

Thanks for elaborating.

20 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

The healer would probably have 5 to 10 health left

Yeah, I probably wouldn't want my healers near anyway.

19 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

However, if you are in a TG (unlikely) and your ally has a siege tower, then this aura can be very significant as you can take out the enemy's economy completely within seconds. 

I know a certain someone who likes to use siege towers; but she probably didn't just create this aura out of self-interest...

2 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I know a certain someone who likes to use siege towers; but she probably didn't just create this aura out of self-interest...

Who is this she? I think the biggest fan of siege towers is probably weirdJokes, but I stand corrected.

The thing is, I can't think of decent hero bonuses. 

Updates to the Judean Faction:

1. New heroes

2. New mercenary spear cavalry and champion sword cavalry

3. Special mercenary swordsman. 

4. Fixed bugs and inconsistencies. 

Please check out here: https://github.com/Yekaterina999/Judeans-Hasmonian.git

@Lion.Kanzen @wackyserious @Stan` it is pretty much ready to go, only need a few art models. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the work so far @Yekaterina It would be better if you could create placeholder actors instead of using athenians and macedonian ones :)  This way the mod is a bit more standalone.

The actor format can be a bit tricky, but once you get it it's easy to change unit skins heads and props without doing any 3D. :) Let me know if you need help doing that.

4 minutes ago, Stan` said:

The actor format can be a bit tricky, but once you get it it's easy to change unit skins heads and props without doing any 3D. :) Let me know if you need help doing that.

You mean like I give it a Ptolmaic head, Persian horse, British rider and Macedonian spear? :D Or do you want me to create props from scratch in blender? In that case I need you to give me a crash course on how to make models in blender. :) Tbh I really need to learn blender.

On 05/06/2021 at 7:36 AM, Yekaterina said:

Killing support units do not have that much of an effect in an actual engagement as the time you waste on killing support units means your soldiers are getting hurt by enemy projectiles while the enemy is not taking any damage, therefore, the aura is not too OP. However, if you are in a TG (unlikely) and your ally has a siege tower, then this aura can be very significant as you can take out the enemy's economy completely within seconds. 

Can't this already be done? If you garrison Caros (iber arrow hero) in a siege tower, the arrows go from 10 to 17, +75%. This is almost equal to 3 defense towers.

unless the +75% arrows does not work for siege towers. 

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007

1 hour ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Can't this already be done? If you garrison Caros (iber arrow hero) in a siege tower, the arrows go from 10 to 17, +75%. This is almost equal to 3 defense towers.

unless the +75% arrows does not work for siege towers. 

Assuming an Iberian and a siege tower faction ally up, yes. However, it would still take at least 2 arrows to kill a female citizen as opposed to 1, and this only applies to one siege tower.

I am considering removing Herod from the heroes list as Thorfinn thinks he is more of a villainous character. 

3 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Assuming an Iberian and a siege tower faction ally up, yes. However, it would still take at least 2 arrows to kill a female citizen as opposed to 1, and this only applies to one siege tower.

I am considering removing Herod from the heroes list as Thorfinn thinks he is more of a villainous character. 

Is it ok for a civ to have fewer heros? I mean sparta at the moment only has 2, one being pretty much useless. If Jesus were to be a great and versatile hero, I don't think people would complain if he was the only one from the civ.

5 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Is it ok for a civ to have fewer heros? I mean sparta at the moment only has 2, one being pretty much useless. If Jesus were to be a great and versatile hero, I don't think people would complain if he was the only one from the civ.

We have 3 other heroes already, and they are all pretty strong. 

1. Simon - half price walls, double the durability of walls.

2. Salome Alexandra: half price fortresses, herself being strong at capturing

3. John: all mercenaries cost half price. 

Sorry @Yekaterina, while you may be no artist, I am neither an artist or programmer. I am simple gamer.

What I can say is that I dislike mercenary cost reduction as a tech or hero bonus that is available for only a few civs. This means that no one will use the mercs that can't use those bonuses. Also, we should not need a tech/hero bonus just to make mercs affordable for a subset of factions, they should be affordable for all civs that have mercs. Perhaps a mercenary armor buff like +3 hack +3 pierce would be nice with a range of 60 m.

After all, mercenaries are in a tough position, and I don't expect them to be usable in a25 either.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

she created several buildings such as  pools.

What other bonuses should she give?

I am not sure what pools do. Perhaps swimming tech - naval upgrade?

e.g. all ships +20% attack because soldiers are more proficient at fighting in water. 

Or, even better, soldiers can swim :D

alome Alexandra began her reign in 76 B.C. by decrying her husband's misdeeds. Upon his death, she booted out the Sadduccees and brought the Pharisees into power. To placate the Sadducees, Salome Alexandra granted them control of some military fortresses, but she made Pharisees her main officers. Josephus claims that "the Pharisees governed her" and were "the real administrators of the public affairs" (The Jewish War 1:5:2).

This moderation temporarily ended the conflict between the Pharisees and Sadducees. The "country was entirely at peace," says Josephus (Antiquities of the Jews 13:16:2). Salome Alexandra's domestic decisions were practical, says Schiffman. "You've got somebody who's [a] relative to Pharisees, who can see the people supported the Pharisees, could see that her husband's fighting with the Pharisees had been a major part of [his trouble], and that the easiest way to cement her reign was by supporting the Pharisees." These factors made putting the Pharisees in power the "natural thing to do," he adds.

What brought about this time of peace? In the last three decades of Alexander Jannaeus's reign, "he was constantly campaigning overseas," notes Atkinson. The queen "ended her husband's unpopular wars that had been going on for decades—foreign wars, civil wars," he adds. "The queen also "pushed off Tigranes the Armenian somehow and apparently participated in some campaigns to restore power on the borders of her own empire, which were weakened at the end of Jannaeus's reign," says Schiffman.

By making peace with other nations and reinforcing treaties by taking hostages, Salome Alexandra kept her enemies at bay. "She increased the army [by] one half and procured a great body of foreign troops," writes Josephus. Judea became "became not only very powerful at home, but terrible also to foreign potentates" (The Jewish War 1:5:2). Peace lent itself to international trade. Salome Alexandra completed Alexander Jannaeus's "conquest of the Arab kingdom of Nabataea, which is in modern-day Jordan," Atkinson notes. Once she annexed Nabataea, she garrisoned the area and "reopened the trade routes" with Judea.

The Talmud praises Salome Alexandra's reign. "It looks on her reign as a golden age, which is really quite surprising," says Atkinson. "They would look back at all the rulers and say, �Her reign was the greatest.'" But was Salome Alexandra's reign all roses? The Pharisees and their heirs wrote the Talmud after her reign, one in which "their points of view were being taken more seriously and they were much more powerful," says Schiffman.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1