===[TASK]=== Crowd Sourced - Judeans (Hasmonean) [Faction]

wackyserious

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

I wish I had time, I'll let you know when I start, I need to finish Roman CC(Village phase).

No problem. I am editing the template xml files. I will push to git when I am finished. If there are missing models I will use ptol or sele models. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

List of props and unit actors that need to be fixed:

1. Spearman actor is missing

2. Archers are missing a longbow prop

3. Cavalry Javelineers are missing their rider and javelin

Most of the equipment is Hellenic.

Except for their traditional clothes.

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Population? I thought we talked about how they looked.

No, they will work like the Persians.

By this time the Jews have already passed through their first diaspora.

Yet Judea is a populated place. 

That means I will borrow Persian house models, because Ptol houses are 5 pop and I don't want to confuse people. 

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Most of the equipment is Hellenic.

Except for their traditional clothes.

Can I just borrow Athenian models then? ;)

23 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I notice there you added a lot of stuff... like why do we need those techs, why is there your name in the mod.json?

If we don't put the techs there it will return errors, saying missing tech. It is still using A23 mindset. 

My name is there so if something goes wrong you know it is my fault and you can ask me to fix it. Also to distinguish it from the original version.  

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

If we don't put the techs there it will return errors, saying missing tech. It is still using A23 mindset. 

My name is there so if something goes wrong you know it is my fault and you can ask me to fix it. Also to distinguish it from the original version.  

Delete the request for these technologies.

With the forum's agreement I would like to make the following changes to the Judean faction for balancing. I must admit they are a very weak civ right now. I can implement all of the following by myself, no need to bother anyone else. 

1. CC unable to train cavalry. Solution: give CC the ability to train some cav?

2. General lack of cavalry. Solution: give them a champion cavalry of some sort? Perhaps a garrisonable archer chariot? 

3. Lack of siege. I gave them a ram but perhaps we can also give them a religious zealot unit, which can act as a maceman. 

4. Only one hero. Solution: implement some other characters that you have discussed?

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

3. Zealots use knife.

I'm confused about the Zealots, as on page 1 you had sources with clubs or as swordsmen, and now it's knives? Just wondering. (Does 'knife' implicate a length or a method of production?)

Spoiler

On 04/08/2019 at 10:41 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Resultado de imagen para herod babylonian cavalry

Is the zealot depicted just a freelancer and not the same as the army unit?

On 04/08/2019 at 7:50 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

"I should note that we do have Zealot infantry models lined up for the Imperial Roman period dlc (for the Jewish revolts against Rome), and these would do nicely as part of an early Maccabean army list. [...] Swordsmen"