My window goes crazy because of mods

AnakineCapMab

Hi, I've been playing 0ad for almost a month now and I wanted to try out some mods so I downloaded some (Delenda Est for example). But when I relaunched the game to make the mods work (by clicking start mods button), the game reopened but around 1/5 of the top of the screen was black so the window was smaller. I didn't mind that but another problem arrived ! My mouse pointer was on a different position of the screen and the game thought it was way lower so it was very hard for me to click the good buttons. For info, I measured the difference of height between the mouse pointer and what the game thought it was and it was around the same as the size of the black stripe. I figured the two problems were related but I'm not really good on technical computer stuff so please help me if you can.

Thanks for the PM that  you posted them one of our other members got here before me ;) and has had a look but has not posted his reply from your system info I see that you are a MAC user but the logs that you posted do not have any errors looks like you opened the game again which overwrote the one that had the problem you described we only keep the log till the next run of the game so not much I can tell you about what went wrong so would please try repeat the error and post both log file right after you do so then one of our MAC users can hopefully see what went wrong also you could try disabling Delenda Est and seeing if the GUI cleans up.This may take a while to sort out so have patience.BTW I should have typed system_info so no problem:self_hammer:

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the logs it says that there where no errors at all that registered with the game engine so I am at a loss the only other area that maybe relevant is Apple's implementation of X-Windows which is the display handling layer we use on all platforms and which Apple has been trying to drop for years as it is not developed by them.

Enjoy the Choice :)   

Edited by Loki1950
spelling error

Does it happen with every mod? Did you select multiple mods at once? My guess is that the “crazy” behaviour is caused by a mod that overrides some of the default settings.

If I were you, I would try out a few mods one by one (select and enable a mod, save configuration, start mods, see if it works, then deselect it and repeat for a different mod), starting with a simple one, e.g. `no-blood-and-gore-mod`.

• Like 1

I use mac and the screen always glitches for a second or so after starting a mod. 0AD window closes weirdly by sliding out of screen, to the right, while a black screen slides in from right to left, revealing my desktop for split second and then the 0AD window with mod activated appears on top of the black screen. No other program slides windows in and out of view like that. It doesn't seem to cause any issues though...

• Like 3

Does it happen with every mod? Did you select multiple mods at once? My guess is that the “crazy” behaviour is caused by a mod that overrides some of the default settings.

If I were you, I would try out a few mods one by one (select and enable a mod, save configuration, start mods, see if it works, then deselect it and repeat for a different mod), starting with a simple one, e.g. `no-blood-and-gore-mod`.

That's why i asked the principal settings in the vanilla instead mod, but they sometimes thinks is a whim of mine.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, Nescio said:

I already did that and I tried with 3 or 4 mods but what's uncanny is that after I'm on the modded 0ad and that I come back on the mod launching page, select basse game only and that i launch it, it does the same thing. So maybe the problem is in the mod launcher and not in the mods ?

On 8/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, Sundiata said:

I use mac and the screen always glitches for a second or so after starting a mod. 0AD window closes weirdly by sliding out of screen, to the right, while a black screen slides in from right to left, revealing my desktop for split second and then the 0AD window with mod activated appears on top of the black screen. No other program slides windows in and out of view like that. It doesn't seem to cause any issues though...

That's exactly what happens to me except for me it's the top of the screen. Thanks for describing it such accurately.