I was just banned

AnnoyingBabe

Do you have 3 forum accounts?

I've also witnessed people complaining about this guy randomly kicking them from his games. He's obviously toxic in the forum, and toxic in the lobby as well. 

Kicking people for using massed ranged units, using siege equipment, or even choosing the "wrong" civ, insulting people in the lobby, etc... 

There really isn't any need to validate him any further...  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Do you have 3 forum accounts?

I've also witnessed people complaining about this guy randomly kicking them from his games. He's obviously toxic in the forum, and toxic in the lobby as well. 

Kicking people for using massed ranged units, using siege equipment, or even choosing the "wrong" civ, insulting people in the lobby, etc... 

There really isn't any need to validate him any further...  

Exactly. The other day he came into a game that I was playing with other players, just to say that I was bad, and that I only knew how to spam skirmishers and that I couldn't win. Totally random, no sense.

• Like 1

Honestly none of what you guys are saying has anything to do with whether or not he has committed this rating fakery offense... I understand most of you don't like him but I wish that if you don't like this guy, then you don't comment on this topic unless you can keep it neutral, stay objective, and be relevant..

@borg- You watched how many matches of his where he did this? 

Who has replays? Who are the ones making a claim against plautus? Do they have forum accounts?

@elexis Is there any substantiated claim against him? If not, then what? Does the man get out on bail if the jury is still deliberating?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

Its a default setting, why do u put the darn setting on default, to force me to unclick it every time? 

I think it's a good point. I think it makes more sense to leave the rated match option unticked by default. Many noobs end up playing their first game as a rated match and don't even realize it's happening.

1 hour ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

@user1How? U enable the player to kick and ban people yet u demand of him he doesnt make use of it. How does this make any sense?  

Then this function shouldnt be available in the first place.

I sort of agree with this. It might make sense to modify these features for a rated match...

• Like 1

Just question:

if someone move rams inside your territory while ceasfire is active to launch deadly attack just after it ends, is it not violation of this rule? 

Not undermine the intended gameplay or purposefully gain unfair advantages in multiplayer matches (for example cheating, using exploits or bugs).

On the other hand if one has rams in his base waiting  he is free to surround them with swordsmen or women so when they will be able to attack rams should be no problem. 

Edited by Angen
missed word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sundiata said:

As far as I know only host can choose civilisation for other players. And if host leaves it to random he has no right to kick another player because of civ. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, user1 said:

Unless and until someone comes forward with evidence(like replays) to substantiate the claims

@plautus : You could provide that replay.

8 hours ago, user1 said:

I consider the ban shall be removed

Why that? If I read correctly @Plautius didn't deny that he kicked a player in a 1 vs 1 rated game. And that IMO is exactly what the ban reason claims: Rating fakery.
(The result of kicking would be winning the game. And, as @borg- already pointed out, if the aim was not to win, @plautus could have just left the game.)

I agree that we could change some settings/tools we provide to avoid this kind of "accident" but it's still the hosts obligation to see his settings are what he wants IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, user1 said:

Unless and until someone comes forward with evidence(like replays) to substantiate the claims, I consider the ban shall be removed. We'll review the case more if someone posts replays.

@Hannibal_Barca @elexis Anything to say about this? 

Why? Just keep the ban until he has proven that he was not the culprit. Even from just reading the comments he makes on this forum show that he's rightfully banned.

I know dozens of this type of guy from my League of Legends times. They all behave as if they were banned accidentally and are TOTALLY innocent in every way (sometimes multiple times in a row) but when reviewed it's pretty clear that they were rightfully banned for swearing, being toxic by griefing etc. 

And after being unbanned they even brag about it ("lol these idiots removed my ban").

Edited by DarcReaver
  • Like 3

How he treats us doesn't change this case. I don't wish to run a lobby where we make a habit of banning people based on just the word of others without evidence or just because they appear to be a 'trouble maker'. This would only give trolls ammunition in the future. At least he should be treated like we would treat anyone else facing this accusation. 

This doesn't look like an example of a case of rating fakery. Definitely not a classic case. 

Finally, we don't usually ban people for even substantiated cases of rating abuse.. Often when it comes to it, these cases can be resolved in other ways. And cases with disputes are more complicated and need to be examined and ultimately judged following due process...

There's more I can add.. 

Since@elexis doesn't plan to join this discussion and since he told me that he doesn't care if I handle this case, I've removed the ban until further notice.

(05:56:46 PM) elexis: I dont care in fact if he is on the lobby as long as I dont get reports about him

(06:06:11 PM) elexis: I invite him to join the lobby under the terms and conditions

This is not a closed case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1