I was just banned

AnnoyingBabe

QUestions isnt for me but I'll also say something to this, and then gladly listen to the others.

1. I host a game, I am the host, so I can kick or ban however I like (so basically I dont have to justify anything here, but I will still do)

2. I kick for people breaking my rules, or building right next to me at start leaving me no territory to expand sqeezing me or sending their army into my base during ceasefire. It's the dirty play I dont allow.

3. WHat kind of game administration is this where players get BANNED from the game for managing their own hosted games using the commands that are implemented in the game!?

I have never seen such administration in a game where admins ban for ridiculous reason like this. U get banned if u cheat in a game ON a particular server. BUt for simply takijng my rights using my hosting rihgts getting banned from the whole game??> thats just absurd!

Edited by AnnoyingBabe

The question is, why do you ban a player from a 1v1 game? The only reason I see that is to win the game, there's no other reason.

If he broke the "rules", then you pause and ask him not to commit it anymore, or you have the option to close the game and start another player.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

1. I host a game, I am the host, so I can kick or ban however I like (so basically I dont have to justify anything here, but I will still do)

This is not true for a rated match. If it's a rated match, you are using our hosted rating service and you have agreed to the terms of our service and the use thereof.

2. I kick for people breaking my rules, or building right next to me at start leaving me no territory to expand sqeezing me or sending their army into my base during ceasefire. It's the dirty play I dont allow.

I agree with this. This is what I'm trying to investigate. 

3. WHat kind of game administration is this where players get BANNED from the game for managing their own hosted games using the commands that are implemented in the game!?

Again, this is related to the rated match.

6 minutes ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

also banniong me and not solving the the issue immidiately is an utterly questionable attitude of an admin!

I responded within about 10 minutes of your post to get to the bottom of this. Might as well see what comes of my involvement here... Better than waiting out the 1 week ban, yea?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@user1 

6 minutes ago, user1 said:

I responded within about 10 minutes of your post to get to the bottom of this. Might as well see what comes of my involvement here... Better than waiting out the 1 week ban, yea?

Of course I know ur involvement. I mean elexis for not responding. He just bans and then does nothing. ALone that should be enough to count as an unjustified ban!
But it seems like he has such a high rank on this platform that nobody really cant do anyrthing but to wait for his mercy! :glare:

To ur point 1. I like to finihs my games. Why let poeple ruin my game when they break my rules? Sometimes I have 5 people in my game, and I kick the ones that break the rules. I always do that. And the game goes on!

Edited by AnnoyingBabe

I have to backpedal a bit.. I overstated how much I agree with point #2...

27 minutes ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

2. I kick for people breaking my rules

This is the only part I agree with.

...or building right next to me at start leaving me no territory to expand sqeezing me or sending their army into my base during ceasefire. It's the dirty play I dont allow.

Yea, personally I don't agree with this. At least this isn't obvious to everyone for sure.... You have to tell about something like this first. Maybe tell them only build on their half of the map and don't cross over the middle until after the ceasefire.

• Like 1

Then what is ceasefire meant for? @user1

That u put 15 rams inside ur opponents base and he cant do anything about just so u can destroy his city center once the countdown is over?

U say I have to tell everythjing. So I have to take 5 min before every game to explain ALL the rules to every single player over and oever again?>

The rules I set up are 2, but I cannot mention every dirty little trick that makes the game unfair. I epxect my oipponent to play fair. We hgave 10 min peace and they should be smart enough to understand that putting ur army inside anothers base just bc u can doesnt mean it is fair or allowed nor putting a towncenter right at ur border so that u cant even expand.

Edited by AnnoyingBabe

Just now, AnnoyingBabe said:

But what I find most unfair is that this admin elexis is still ignoring this discussion after having me banned for already an hour and fully knowing that this conversation  is going on and that it's his call to react and solve 

Please do realize that people do have a life outside of 0 A.D. and might not always be able to reply immediately. You might complain after 24 hours, fine, but after 1 hour? That's just not realistic to expect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@user1

U said by kicking I am violating ur terms of  service?

How? U enable the player to kick and ban people yet u demand of him he doesnt make use of it. How does this make any sense?  

Then this function shouldnt be available in the first place.

I dont see any way how someone can violate any rights. U give the host rights yet u dont allow him to make use of it. To me that makes no sense.

I only care about this if it is a rated match. If it's a rated match then any action that is done on purpose to cause the rating procedure to fail is a problem.

It only matters if you intentionally banned these guys from your match because you were losing and you didn't want to lose points.

17 minutes ago, feneur said:

Please do realize that people do have a life outside of 0 A.D. and might not always be able to reply immediately. You might complain after 24 hours, fine, but after 1 hour? That's just not realistic to expect.

4 minutes ago, borg- said:

Elexis is testing some bugs with me and some other players on a24.

@feneur

Edited by AnnoyingBabe

Just now, AnnoyingBabe said:

BUt hwat if my ban is unjustified? have u ever thought baout that? @feneur

So I just have to wait 24h +  to get response?

ANd maube wait days to then get unbanned when it was all not mny fault?

What if you could slow down just a little bit? Have you thought about that?

So you just have to think/do things a tiny bit slower and you would get a better result.

And then you wouldn't have to wait days to get unbanned, since you would have had explained what you expected of your opponent (or for that matter had taken the time to make sure the settings were not set for a ranked game so you could implement the rules you wanted). And according to user1 elexis asked you for an explanation in the lobby already, but perhaps you read through things so fast that you missed that?

I know that I'm a bit extreme, but seeing the amount of typos in your replies here does suggest to me that it might indeed be beneficial for you to slow down a bit ;) (Especially since a couple of days really isn't that long. I guess you are young and have plenty of free time, but at least for me there can easily go days without me having time to play games at all, so it's a matter of perspective as well ;) )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AnnoyingBabe said:

THE BUN IS UNFAIR!!!@!!!
EWHAT ELSE IN HAVE TO SAUYH!:!:!:!:!: 
I SHOIULKD HAVE BE BANNE DIN THE FIRST PLACE!

Possibly, but just an idea: maybe politely explaining your point and then patiently wait for a proper reply would be more effective in giving you the result you want than screaming incoherent, misspelled, and generally unrelated things ;) And demanding things to be done quickly rarely works.

In either case, maybe explain why you were playing a rated game in the first place? What was your motivation?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why I have to exxplain?> I alrady layed my points down.

Its a default setting, why do u put the darn setting on default, to force me to unclick it every time? 

And also why do i even have to answer this question?> So u want to manage my games?> How Come I even have to justify why I do this or that in MY GAME!!?

I hosted the darn thing. If players dont like my games they dont need to join.

U make me crazy.

The system is injust. In no game ever did I have to justify why I put the settings a certain way and let other tell me who to kick or not to kick. 

Dude, I am the oldest player in the lobby, I help elexis and others with some stuff. Once I created a second account and was banned for a week by elexis, I had to wait exactly 7 days to get back to the lobby, I didn't have a 1 second advantage, why do you think you would have any? You made a mistake, take this time to learn from your mistake.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ethanray94 said:

I mean if you are host...you should be able to do as please in your OWN game...so I can definitely see your frustration buddy! 

If you are playing a rated game it has an effect on other people/related to other matches, and then you can't just do as you please. Personally I'm not sure rated games should allow for settings to be changed at all if you were to take it completely serious. But that's probably taking things too far. Applying some rules to rated games is needed though, otherwise it doesn't make sense at all.

• Like 2