Players should have atleast 2 player accounts

I think players should have atleast 2 player accounts. Because high rank ( greater than 1400 ) limits player capability to enjoy freedom of playing.

To refer this, as I am a player ranked over 1500 has possibility of playing only those games that have players over 1300 ranking. But as a hobby gamer I want to experience playing 0 Ad in various mood. A pro player who see playing as a professional thing he might only want to play with pro players in pro way. But hobby players like me want to have pleasure playing it with different level/rank of players and in various way. And here rank is a problem.

1. low ranking players will fear a high ranking player and have pre concept or precautions. so the game that have a majority of low ranking players will not welcome a high ranking players.

2. same way a high rank players will not welcome a low rank player.

here is sufficient reason for this like the balance issue. But there is some other issues.

1. lobby does not have enough players always. so making a big game is tough many times.

2.suppose a players is free of work and really/desperately want to play a game and he enters lobby but no one takes him for his high/low rank. I affirm you that this feeling is very disappointing.

but there is also need of a good ranking system because ranks show the experience level of gamer. So what can be done? I propose an idea.

*** Players will have 2 accounts. one will show rank other will not. I mean with one account they will be able to collect rank points and with another they will not be able to.

here is an another propose to solve some future (may have) problem and the way of creating/maintaining accounts.

1. on account creation gui another option/button can be added to create a non rank/point collectable account.

2. In the time of joining lobby there will be two options. either join with ranked ID or join with non rank/point collectable ID.

3.On lobby the non rank/point collectable accounts might have a common prefix or suffix( an word or a symbol or a fixed color or combined ) automatically added with the account name. 

I will like to see players opinion and ideas on this topic.

I also request all the administrators, moderators and persons to give a thought to it.

can we have a poll?

:):):)

A question: Will people not just remember who you are and play/not play with you regardless of which account you play with in this kind of scenario? It might take a match or two before people realize, but would that really make enough of a difference to make it worthwhile. It also seems unfair towards the people who might want either a more difficult or an easier match if someone joins who are of unknown skill level and then turns out to either let his team down or crush the other players.

• Like 3

a different name brings different attitudes.

what if a pro player plays like noob with noob players?

What about a ffa with different skill level players.

if your non rank/point gatherable account have a prefix than anyone will have a dilemma about judging the people.

don't you think it is funny? 

think about players playing with old friends but they don't know it. would not it be fun. you can not guess who is borg/valihrant/feldfeld.

will not be it a fun?

all players will never be able to know the skill level of another player because 0 ad have a lots of player. so at some point it will be hidden as always.

1 minute ago, soshanko said:

what if a pro player plays like noob with noob players?

How does he know it is noob player if player will have no rating ?

2 minutes ago, soshanko said:

all players will never be able to know the skill level of another player

I do not agree. If I play against someone and I see he is advancing fast and destroying me, I will remember and avoid to play with him again if I am avoiding pro players in general.

12 minutes ago, Angen said:

How does he know it is noob player if player will have no rating ?

players have 2 type of account. one can collect ranks so with that account you will be able to know. but with the other account that cant collect ranks you will not be.

15 minutes ago, Angen said:

I do not agree. If I play against someone and I see he is advancing fast and destroying me, I will remember and avoid to play with him again if I am avoiding pro players in general.

you might remember but you cant remember all every player as you might not have the luck to play with everybody.

I don't think we need more accounts. To hide your rating is unfair and frustraiting for beginner players.

But what we realy need in my opinion, is a separate rating for team games. Me and my mates, had only a few 1vs1 games when we start to play 0.A.D.. So our rating is low. Some of them have even no rating. Now we had playen a hundrets of team games, but we almost always hear at the beginning, that the teams are unbalanced, because our ratings are so low. In the opposit there are many noobs with a to high rating. So the currently rating is a bit usless and sometimes even obstructive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OptimusShepard said:

I don't think we need more accounts. To hide your rating is unfair and frustraiting for beginner players.

But what we realy need in my opinion, is a separate rating for team games. Me and my mates, had only a few 1vs1 games when we start to play 0.A.D.. So our rating is low. Some of them have even no rating. Now we had playen a hundrets of team games, but we almost always hear at the beginning, that the teams are unbalanced, because our ratings are so low. In the opposit there are many noobs with a to high rating. So the currently rating is a bit usless and sometimes even obstructive.

double account gives you a perfect opportunity to be active and passive both. that's the fun fact. when you want a serious game you play with ranked account. that solves the issue. and when you are not finding luck or want a relaxed game the nonranked account gives u an opportunity to do that.

6 hours ago, soshanko said:

1. low ranking players will fear a high ranking player and have pre concept or precautions. so the game that have a majority of low ranking players will not welcome a high ranking players.

Petra bots can always be your friends to play a big game.

6 hours ago, soshanko said:

2. same way a high rank players will not welcome a low rank player.

They will probably not welcome someone without rank neither. You are even more unlikely to be refected without rank than with a bad rank as it would make the balance of the game harder to do.

2 hours ago, go2die said:

Also great idea is to have system to "rank" team games, but definitely not easy to implement. But what 0ad team can do quite easy to count number of games player has already played... which could tell you something about his/her experience.....

I was wondering about that part too.

I have the impression that borg- winrate in team game is probably very low while if I look to to mine, I lost 3 games out of the 34 last team games I played. Even when players are known, ratings played an important role in balancing games. I guess one could also observe that usually hosts are winning more often. It would be nice to have more tools to help getting better balance (more statistics, multiplayer rating, ranking...).

I have searched a bit for related topics on the forum, but I only found an old post from causative who tried to build a ranking system. I however never found why it stopped or whether other stuffs might be tried. Anyone has the answer to this?

Edited by faction02
  • Like 1