tiles in Greek centre

Nescio

(Hopefully this is the correct place to post.)

Greek centres (and some other structures) have tiles in front, which looks nice on flat terrain. On elevated terrain, it looks rather weird, though, and those missing tiles look actually quite dangerous:

1163707046_Screenshotfrom2019-07-0716-43-23.png.2e48b1c554edf2e6b4838ce332e9294a.png

Although not really a bug, it is questionable whether this is indeed what is actually desired. I don't know if there is a list with issues of current actors, but I suppose this should be added; low priority, though.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Basshunter said:

This "bug" has always bothered me so much!

I remember a feature in AOM where terrain below constructions was flatten dynamically every time a building was placed. 

I'm talking about a game from 2002. 

There have been a lot of talk about that but nobody could reach a consensus because of potential abuse and extra network traffic. Mainly the former.

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 1:12 PM, Stan` said:

There have been a lot of talk about that but nobody could reach a consensus because of potential abuse and extra network traffic. Mainly the former.

In AOM, the terrain change did not change the pathing grid. That is set at the beginning of the match upon load and does not change.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, Nescio said:

(Hopefully this is the correct place to post.)

Greek centres (and some other structures) have tiles in front, which looks nice on flat terrain. On elevated terrain, it looks rather weird, though, and those missing tiles look actually quite dangerous:

1163707046_Screenshotfrom2019-07-0716-43-23.png.2e48b1c554edf2e6b4838ce332e9294a.png

Although not really a bug, it is questionable whether this is indeed what is actually desired. I don't know if there is a list with issues of current actors, but I suppose this should be added; low priority, though.

I think it should definitely be fixed though. I think there should be a set of "basement" actors, for lack of a better term ("foundation" is a term already used elsewhere, sadly) of various sizes for each building set that structures can use for this purpose.

• Like 1