Shared control for allies

brimstone

Since this is my first post here: 1st, awesome game. full stop. 2nd, awesome FOSS game.

Question: How can I share control of allied teams?

What I tried: I tried selecting the AI's characters on a joint team with even the same civilization, but was unable to. Is there an option to turn this on somewhere?

Why: This is something AoE2 had iirc, and it allowed for you to walk away temporarily in a online multiplayer game because your teammates could take over briefly. It also allowed one person to focus on gathering resources and the other to manage the war front, for example.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I was just playing with my son earlier today and started looking for this feature myself. He’s pretty young but wants to learn. Having a shared civilization/ shared control/ or some type of feature like that built in would be a great addition to 0AD . I may try to do the mod above, but if you can wrap it and post it on the official mods I know I would be first in line to grab it.

• Like 1

You can do this quite simply without any mods, but you will need to have cheats activated. So to play together both people will obviously need to be in the game together and when the match starts one of the players can open the developer overlay by pressing Alt + d or Alt + Shift + d. After that select the ''Change Perspective'' and ''Control all units'' options. After that simply change the player perspective (In top right) to the one you want to play as. (You can also do this if you enter the game as a spectator).

• Like 1